Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adrienne522 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 03:58 AM
    9 month old son has had fever for 2 days
    Hi... I have a question about my son. He is 9 months old. He has been running a temp of 99-101.6 for 2 days. He is teething. He has his 8 teeth already. His back molars are coming in. He is drooling, chewing, fingers in month and very unhappy. He has been playing, eating, and laughing. This morning, he seems a little more sluggish. I have been giving him Motrin and Tylenol when needed. I am just not sure what to do? If this continues should I take him or is this one of the times that it is OK that he has a temp? Please help.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
    Please take your son in to his doctor. At the very least, call his doctor and explain the symptoms. A fever that does not respond to Tylenol should receive medical attention. It could well be that all this is, is teething. But please check with your son's doctor to be sure and to give you peace of mind.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Wow, he has 8 teeth already at 9 months!! Wow!

Now that that is out of the way, LOL, did he run a fever when he was teething before?

If the answer is yes, I would wait another day or so if he has no other symptoms. If the answer is no, you should contact your pediatrician.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 16, 2007, 04:30 AM
    This may be of some help and reassurance:

FEVER
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 04:36 AM
    This will seem like I'm stating the obvious but you are offering cooled water aren't I would hate to think that if he is a little sluggish that he is starting to dehydrate personally I would call the dr and ask advice but if he become unrespondent then don't wait get him to the a&e as dehydration is awfull in a baby so young trust me I'm talking from experience.
    On a lighter note though be glad he is getting those bigger teeth now my daughter was vile with her she did nothing but scream and stamp her feet.
    Adrienne522 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Just an update on my son. First of all, thanks everyone. I appreicated all of the comments. Scott's fever broke yesturday. So... his temp is fine. I learned something yesturday, teeth do not stop growing at night. What a long night!! :D
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 05:06 AM
    So glad to hear your son is doing better. Now you need a nap! Take care.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne522
    teeth do not stop growing at night. What a long night!!!!:D
    OMG, I got a big ole chuckle out of that one!!

I am glad things are getting better. I hope you both get a great nap!!
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 17, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    OMG, I got a big ole chuckle out of that one!!!!!!!!

I am glad things are getting better. I hope you both get a great nap!!!
    Yeah that was pretty funny! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3yr. With low grade fever for 6 days [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My son is 3 yrs. Old and has had a low grade fever for 6 days now. I brought him to the doctors. 2 days ago and they found nothing. No strep, NO ear infection nothing. I don't understand why it isn't going away. Could he have new teeth coming in?

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

12 Month Old Cat Vomiting Up Green For 3 Days [ 1 Answers ]

I Brought Home A 1 Year Old Stray Cat .had Her Fixed 3 Months Ago She Has Had Worm Meds .but Started Vomiting 4 Days Ago .started Out Clear Turned Yellow Then Really Green.I Have 2 Other Pets They'er Not Sick.

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search