Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 9, 2007, 05:36 PM
    How do you calmy deal with difficult child?
    Okay I don't want to come off as a bad mother who doesn't care about her child, because I would give up my life for him. It is just that sometimes he is so difficult. He is only two and doesn't understand many things, but he won't listen to a word I say. I put him in time out and he just gets right back out. I am stern with him, but he thinks I am funny. When daddy displines he listens. What am I doing wrong? Sometimes he pushes me to my breaking point. I have never physically hurt him, but I get so mad, and frustrated. I would never put my hands on him, but how do I get him to listen to me? When I try to get reinforcement from my family, they just laugh and say that's what he is supposed to do. I don't want to raise a spoiled brat... PLEASE HELP!:( :confused:
    tishee_76 Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
    AARRGH.. oh how I remember 2-4yrs! And they say to enjoy them as babies..
    I can offer you my bibles...

Kids Behaving Badly. By Elizabeth Kelly

Toddler Taming. By Dr Christopher Green

Oh and don't forget to enjoy him, they grow so fast... heh,.
    But seriously my hearts with you.. Good onya for looking for other options..

Mar 9, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Thank you for the book titles I will deffinty read them... anything that helps.

Mar 9, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Oh, I forgot to add that nobody or book will EVER know your child like you do..
    If you get a gut instinct for or against an idea for your boy, you stick with it, it'll more often than not ring true and if your wrong... well... you're the mum, were there to pick up the pieces anyway, hey..

You'll be great.. mum's get sprinkled with strength and patience dust when they're on the labour table.. heehee..

Mar 14, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Lately he has been so good and not misbehaving. I think its because he is getting more sleep now that he is sleeping through the night.
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
    The Age Is A HUGE factor as well... I recently had a talk with my mom about me and my 5 brothers and sisters and she said when she got really mad at us (weather provided) she would bring us out in the back yard and she told us to play follow the leader and she would run in circles in the back yard letting off her steam because running really helps calm you down, and then we would get tired chasing her and relax

Mar 14, 2007, 08:05 AM
    We got for walks and to the park when its nice also... we did that the last couple of days and he has been a lot better behaved

Mar 15, 2007, 07:46 AM
    That's so wonderful to hear. Thanks for writing back in here with happy moments as well.
    I was just thinking of you today hoping you had found a way round to resolve the tense moments..
    I have a phrase that I use when my boy suddenly turns angel or devil..
    "The Aliens have come in the night and replaced my boy with a clone..."
    It feels like it sometimes, their moods and attitudes change so irratically, they use their manners for months and then wake up one morning and act like please and thank-you were never a part of their vocabulary.

As for family support, just as your quip states..
    They don't have to walk in your shoes, so they no not the frustration.. but trust me, they tell you he's supposed to send you batty... that actually is reinforcement and support because they're saying it's a 'normal' relalationship.. It would be much worse if they all had critical views that you could be doing things better, then it would really make you feel hopelessly frustrated..

It was so nice to hear the good times as well as the bad.. Thanks heaps and keep trying and caring that's what I believe good friends, parents and people are made of!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficult Question? [ 4 Answers ]

I`ve put some serious information together in that I find science, Mathematics Religion and spirituality have been manipulated. This has far reaching effects on what governments are trying to sell us as "New Technology". The basis of which is non-lethal weapon systems and mind control. Despite...

Difficult relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Your advice on this difficulty I have would be appreciated. I have been seeing this guy for the past 4 months. He is a good person and the best I have met in a long time in that he is honest and reliable. When we first met we both lived in the same country and saw each other every...

Difficult to sum up [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works a whole lot, and he is gone from our home usually 3 weeks out of 4 and works on drilling rigs (oil). He is well compensated and swears that the money is about saving a down payment for a home, and that after we buy a house he will quit. We've been married seven years and he has...

Being difficult on purpose [ 4 Answers ]

Well, my friend went to mediation on Tuesday and the mediator basically told him that her anger issues aren't important right now, I'm here for the child to get you two to agree on a parenting plan. They have to have separate appts because he has a restraining order on her. She just wants to use...

Difficult surfing [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know what would cause this problem: I log on to the internet, and surf around for about 15min to 1/2 hour, everything is very, though a little slow. Then I start getting "page not found errors" and other similar errors for sites that I know exist, though I know I am still logged on. ...

View more questions Search