Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmommy26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Father present at birth?
    Hello! I was wondering if the father had to be present at the hospital to put his name on the birth certificate. I live in Mississippi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 5, 2007, 08:55 PM
    No, you just list who the father is on the birth certificate, they may be over seas in military, or they may be an over the road truck driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights of a father not listed on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana and am pregnant with my first child. The father of the baby has expressed no interest in the baby and will not be listed on the birth certificate. What rights, if any will he have even if he isn't listed on the birth certificate?

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

Child Support - Father not present for birth [ 5 Answers ]

The father was not present at the birth and did not sign the certificate or Acknowledgement of paternity. I am going to a lawyer about custody and visitation. What rights does the father have and can I still file for support? I'm 100% sure he won't deny paternity.

Birth Father suddenly wants visitation! [ 13 Answers ]

After not hearing from my ex for 11 years... suddenly he says that he has rights and wants visitation. We divorced 12 years ago, and I was awarded sole custody, and also filed for child support. He has never paid a dime, the phone number that I had for him was disconnected and the only people...

View more questions Search