Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Evicting a child who is 18
    I wanted to know what are the laws on making a child (18years old) leave your home. We have had problems out of him for about 5 years now and 2 years ago we sent him to military school so he has graduated. He is very defiant and disrespectful. I don't trust some of the people he hangs around with and worry about the safety of my other 2 children at times. We had an argument and we (my husband and I) asked him to leave so he packed some of his things and left. I was told that we had to give him a 7 day notice to evict him because he was a legal resident of this address. Is this true? If we don't do that how long does he have to be gone before he is no longer considered a reisdent here. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Does he pay rent? If not, there is no eviction involved. Pack up his things, put them in a storage facility (pay the first month). Change the locks and tell him to find his own accommodations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting an adult child in Tennessee [ 23 Answers ]

My son in 20 years old. He came home from college after getting kicked out for a GPA of under 1.0. He asked to come home for "3 weeks". This was May 4, 2006. The only room I had was my garage. I didn't want to make things too comfortable for him. He stays out half of the night drinking and...

Evicting Adult Child not paying Rent [ 9 Answers ]

How can I throw an adult child who will not follow rules of house and just want to waste his life away?

Evicting someone not on the lease [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of VA. My older brother has been living with me and my children for over a year now as he needed a place to stay. I didn't think this would be a long term thing but it doesn't look like he plans on going anywhere. He is not the easiest person to get along with and doesn't pay...

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

View more questions Search