Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crisangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2010, 01:06 PM
    Sign over the rights of child?
    How do I sign over thet rights of my daughter that I have not seen or talk in the last past 7 years?My daughter lives with her mom in El Paso Tx, I live in Omaha Ne.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 8, 2010, 01:20 PM

1. Her mother gets remarried
    2. Her mother's new husband wants to adopt her.
    3. Adoption paperwork is filed.
    4. As part of the adoption process, you are asked to relinquish your parental rights.

Other than that--forget it. YOU cannot sign away rights. Only a court can terminate rights, and they generally only do so to clear the way for an adoption.

So---sorry. Keep paying your child support and go to court to get visitation rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father wants to sign away rights to child [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I go to find the forms to print off for my ex husband to sign away his rights to our child?

How do I sign over my rights to my child? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I sign over my rights to my child's mother?

Get him to sign away unborn child rights. [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant, and the man I got pregnant with doesn't want anything to do with the child. I'm trying to find out if there is some kind of legal document I can print up to let him sign to reliquish his rights as a father. He says he'll sign whatever I want... but the money is just not there to go...

Sign child rights away in CA? [ 11 Answers ]

Do I still need to pay for child support if I signed my rights away in CA?

How would I go about getting the father of my child to sign his rights over? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old daughter, and we live in Texas. When my daughter was 6mos. He decided being a father was too much an left to IL. I don't ask for child support, I have done it on my own and now I would like to just consider it his loss and remove any rights he may have. How would I go about...

View more questions Search