Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidmiller767 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 02:07 PM
    Define full-time resident for Georgia.
    How does the Georgia tax code define a full-time resident?

I am a travel R.N. and spent a majority of my time outside of Georgia.
    Do I have to pay state income taxes for Georgia?

THANKS for any input! David
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 03:16 PM
    David:

If you maintain your base in Georgia (get your mail here; maintain an apartment/house, etc.), then you are considered a full-time resident of Georgia.

You will remain a full-time resident of Goergia until you establish residency in another state.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2006, 05:27 PM
    You may want to move to TN we don'thave any state income tax
    mamapip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
    If I live in Florida and receive a lump sum from Florida Retirement System in January 2006 then move to Georgia from April 2006 to December 2006 do I have to pay Georgia State tax? They claim I do!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Define Supervised Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a situation of a biological non-custodial parent that has supervised visitation. She had custody taken away due to neglect & other agency's findings. She does have supervised visits, and insist on trying to be alone with the child. Example, she will try to sneak out a door to take child...

Part time or Non-resident? Which state? [ 5 Answers ]

I filed an extension for 2005 taxes and they are due on the 15th (Yes I realize I really waited too long) I have a simple question, and am using taxcut and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere so far. In 2005 I lived and worked in MA, Made wages, received a W-2 from these wages. In July, I quit...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Part time resident or non-resident for state tax form? [ 3 Answers ]

:( hi, I was on F1 visa in Texas till the month of September. Then moved to North carolina in October to work on OPT till December. So I am still eligible to fill the 1040NR-EZ form. But my confusion is the state tax form since for Texas I did not have to fill one. And now in the D400 state tax...

Someone Please define hooking up for me. [ 4 Answers ]

As I am creeping up on 40, I have lost some of the lingo, that is going around, I drive a bus for a living, and hear kids talk all the time, I constantly hear them say Ya, I was at a party and I hooked up with this one and then later I hook up with that one Someone Please define hooking...

View more questions Search