Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kovu01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 01:48 AM
    Fiance' upset not communicating
    Have been engaged for about 6 months now evrything was fine. I come form outside USA and live in an area I don't know anyone. I met a guy who spoke my language and wants to introduce me to his sister. I was so excited, told my fiancé who lives in a different state about it and did not welcome the idea well. He does not want me to have any friends both male and female and since Friday he has not been answering the phone, he switched off his phone. He texed saying that was ared flag he has to think about. Maybe I'm up to something no good. I love him but I'm stuck now. I don't feel that I did anything wrong. He does not want to talk but email only. How should I handle my situation.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 05:54 AM

You definitely didn't do anything wrong. You should be allowed to make new friends in an unknown place.

Your boyfriend is extremely controlling and you should definitely reconsider this engagement. If he wants to control which friends you can make, then he will also want to control other aspects of your life. These are the signs of the beginning of an abusive relationship.

It's good that you found out this part about him before you got married.

So unless he can change his behavior, you really shouldn't even consider marrying this guy.
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

Jul 13, 2009, 07:09 AM

I think it is you who was given a red flag. I so totally agree with I WISH and would strongly encourage you to run and thank your lucky stars he made the break first.

Best case scenario is he is insecure. He will play a guilt trip on you anytime you doe something to make him insecure and make you responsible for his happiness. Worst case scenario is (and the one I really see happening) is it will escalate until you have to be drastic to cut ties. You will be scared for your life or even dead!!

Please run the other way!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 09:45 AM

You have just found out something about your fiancé that you should pay close attention to.

You have done nothing wrong, but he sure reacted badly to what he thinks is going on.

Poor insecure, controlling, boob!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Communicating two computers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, It's a pleasure to have joined you and become part of you. My question is How do you make two computers communicate and then how do you back up information from Laptop to Personal computer. Thank you

Non-communicator communicating [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I'm one of those people who are good at talking about their problems with everyone but the one they need to talk to. I've been dating this guy for over 5 months. When we met, my divorce was a month from being final and he has been dealing with his ex (and their two sons) as well. I'm 29,...

Communicating effectively [ 3 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

Communicating [ 7 Answers ]

So.. I'm dating this guy, but there are some things that come up that irritates me. He'll tell me he will meet me at some time then changes the time because something else pops up. What's up with that? One time he called me 30 minutes or an hour after we were suppose to meet. I always feel like...

View more questions Search