Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeshoneD Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Is It Still A Chance That We Can Go Back Out?
    He started talking to people a day after we broke up... He didn't even take time to get over the relationship... He told me before that he doubts we will be back together.. But he says he still loves me... Is there hope for us getting back together??
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 9, 2009, 06:32 PM

I'm going to have to say no, Darlin'.

He seems to have been over you since before he broke up with you. If he says there's not a chance, believe him.

He's a jerk. Seriously.

Stop talking to him, DON'T try to make "plans" to make him fall for you again, and don't hate yourself. Take care of yourself. It's time to get the hammer and nails and start rebuilding your heart, emotions, mentality, and life.

Good luck.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jul 9, 2009, 08:52 PM

Sounds like he's been separated from you emotionally longer than you think. Don't worry about this guy, if he has the nerve to move on that quick, he wasn't really worth it, now was he? Try to focus on yourself now, who cares about what he's doing... this is all about you making yourself happy now.

Go NC and don't stop.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2009, 08:55 PM
    As the others have said, once there's a breakup, the dumper has already detached himself emotionally. It's over. Time to pack up and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 08:58 PM

You may be hurt and in shock over the break up, he is not. Leave him alone and worry about getting over your shock and healing, then you will see that you may not want him back.

It takes time, but you will be better. Sorry for your loss.
    DeshoneD Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Should I Or Should I Not?
    Threads merged

Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 months now and he wants to have sex... I told him I wasn't really ready.. but he said that if I love him.. I would do it.. I really love this guy and doesn't want to loose him.. Should I or should I not??
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:41 PM

Oldest line in the book! You are doing the right thing you are not ready and you told him so. If he respected you he would honor you feelings and back off. He is using the oldest ploy in the book. "if you loved me you would..."

Be strong and stick to your beliefs
    xdarkninja Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2009, 06:44 PM

If he truly loves you for who you are than he wouldn't pressure you into doing things that you're not ready for. Most guys out there would say and do anything just to get that one thing from a girl and than leave cause they've gotten what they wanted. 2 months is just getting to know the opposite sex, he seems to be kind of rushing into things so quickly?? So I'd question about that.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 10, 2009, 06:45 PM

He doesn't seem to love you or respect you. He's a jerk for trying to manipulate you into having sex and doing something you don't want to do. I would consider dating someone else, actually. But that's just me.

Also, 2 months isn't enough time to really trust someone with something that big a deal (and it is a big deal, I don't care what anyone says), especially if you're a virgin.

Stick to your guns, and don't be afraid to kick him to the curb if he keeps it up!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2009, 06:54 PM

If you have ANY DOUBTS what so ever, you DO NOT NEED TO HAVE SEX.

If he does not understand this, nor respect this, than HE IS THE ONE who does not love you.

If your not ready, Don't DO IT.

Good luck.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

Jul 10, 2009, 06:55 PM

If he loves you, he should be willing to wait.

Forcing you to have sex with him is not love.

If you lose him, all the better for you, you are not ready. Tell him.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Jul 10, 2009, 07:22 PM

If you don't believe the advice we gave you go ahead.. have sex
    Then see how much he loves you afterwards.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2009, 07:25 PM

You tell him if he loves you then he should be willing to wait
    Never have sex under pressure.
    It is better to wait and know what you are getting into than jump into something because you are made to feel you have to or else...
    blueeyedlou Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2009, 08:06 PM

Any guy who truly loves you will wait. I was pressured into my first time and really regret it, because he wasn't worth it.
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 10, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeshoneD View Post
    .. i really love this guy and doesnt want to loose him.. Should i or should i not???
    You say you "really love this guy" and don't want to lose him. That sort of means you'll have sex with him regardless of if he loves you.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

Jul 10, 2009, 11:37 PM

You want to keep him? Then don't have sex with him. How about holding out for what you want first? If it is commitment then get that from him before you give into him.

The next time he says," If you love me then you'd have sex with me," Look him in the eye and say, " Sex is reserved for ownership." He will know exactly what you are talking about and you don't have to explain.

If you give him what he wants before he gives you what you want, you won't get a commitment from him and especially not anytime soon.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2009, 02:06 AM

Janmarie, No one should "OWN" another person.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 12:04 PM

Is there hope for us getting back together??
    He broke up with you and is manipulating your feelings for him to get sex from you. It would be the mistake of your very young, inexperienced life to fall for his BS.

No he ain't worth getting back with, and I don't care how strong your young feelings are for him.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

Jul 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    Janmarie, No one should "OWN" another person.
    It means "commitment." one person committed to another in the relationship. It's a confident, flirtatous way of putting it if said in that way. Most guys understand it when a woman says this to him. But you may be to young to get it right now.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 07:09 PM

Jan, I agree with Dan. The way it came off was that if you have sex you "own" the person. Perhaps try avoiding "old sayings" or "analogies" because some people may not know what they do mean. I have never heard of that saying and when I first read it I thought it mean own the person.

To the OP, forget this guy as he just wants sex

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do? Is there a chance of them getting back together? [ 9 Answers ]

A girl and her boyfriend, been having some trouble n their relationship . It came to the conclusion of him breaking up with her, says that he having problems of his own and right now, he is unable to give her the attention she needs, and He doesn't want to hurt her anymore. She's broken hearted,...

Is there a chance of us getting back together? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok well me & my fella wer 2getha 4 about 3 months & Ive never loved anyone like I have him, I know it waz a short relationship but we had an amazin connection despite him living q far away! We broke up after a silly argment & me being as I am let all my from my past ruin it I got scared after the...

Do I still have the chance of getting my ex back? [ 3 Answers ]

I am dating a guy from 2 month and half we talk over the phone more than 10 yimes daily, and we meet every 2 or three days. We get very close to each other and we started to love each other. He broke up with me once I didn't call him I agreed with him and after 3 days he called me and he watend me...

Any chance of getting back together? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi susan, I'm a 24 year old male who has never really been in a long term relationship before, I've been with a fair share of woman but never really found what I was looking for. 10 months ago I started dating a girl and casually got to know each other. I found out that she was going travelling...

Is there any chance we might get back together [ 2 Answers ]

OK so about 5months ago me and ex boyfriend broke up... it was the most devating day of my life... we dated for about 4 months and were friends since 8th grade... in 10th grade this guy (cody) finally dicided to ask me out and for the next 4 months we spent everyday together unless he had an away...

View more questions Search