Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahbuck1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 06:48 AM
    I have lied to my friends.
    I have lied to my friends about having a boyfriend. I have told them I have slept with him. I only did it because they have all had sex and it would make me out to be the odd one out.

I went clubbing with my friends a few weeks ago and one of my friends got on this boy that I liked. Then a few weeks later and I found out she was texting this boy that I said I went out with. Recently I got a call from a few of my mates saying that they have spoke to this boy and he said we never went out and we never had sex. But I don't know what to do. I feel bad for lying. I have to see these friends every time I go into work and it is awkward because I don't know what to do. Obviously they are believing him over me. But I don't want to tell them the truth because I don't want it to be weird when I go into work! I am the sort of person that wants everyone to like me. I don't like having enemies.

HELPPP??
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 06:52 AM

Tell them it is none of their freaking business... I didn't realize girls had this problem. Usually, it is a guy thing. The first thing some of my friends ask me when I date a girl is, "Did you hit it?" Typical guy question... my response: "It isn't any of your business."

Tell your friends to worry about what goes on in their bedroom. You shouldn't have to lie to feel comfortable around them. It really isn't that big of a deal. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    sylvan_1998 Posts: 156, Reputation: 45

Feb 24, 2009, 06:54 AM

While lying is never the answer as you have found out, you can either come clean or hold your head up high, say nothing and when confronted just stop them by saying something like you have already made up your mind believe whom you want to believe and walk off.

Don't lie again... reminds me of a saying

You only really have two things in life you name and your word. One is worth nothing without the other.

Keep this in mind the next time.

Feb 24, 2009, 06:57 AM
    18. But now I am stuck in a situation where my friends are ringing him up asking him if we did have a relationship and did we sleep together. But I lied I never went out with him and I never slept with him! But I don't want them as enemies because it will be awkward when I go into work. What do I do?
    :confused:
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2009, 06:59 AM

Sounds to me like your friends need to get a life...

Feb 24, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvan_1998 View Post
    While lieing is never the answer as you have found out, you can either come clean or hold your head up high, say nothing and when confronted just stop them by saying something like you have already made up your mind believe whom you want to believe and walk off.

Dont lie again......reminds me of a saying

You only really have two things in life you name and your word. One is worth nothing without the other.

Keep this in mind the next time.
    This is good advice thank you. I will try the keep your head held high and say nothing until I am confronted. I know I made a big mistake by lying! And believe me it won't happen again. But everyone at work is so 2 faced. And I know this will go around work. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lied to my friends and its killing me now. Sorry for the long story [ 19 Answers ]

Okay, a year ago my two closest friends got boyfriends. (seriouse ones) And I've never really been the one out of my friends to date a lot. An occasional date but no seriouse relationships. But that's all beside the point. My friends and I were all around the ages of 14/15. I was also very close...

Lied to [ 8 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that I inherited my Mother due to Dimentia, so I inherited all her problems that come along with her. My Mother has been living with us for about three years now. Before she came to live with us she supposedly cosigned with my sister on a loan for a travel trailer....

I've lied. What should I do? [ 7 Answers ]

I cheated at school. My teacher is suspicious and so are my parents. I can't stop myself from denying that fact that I scored my own papers. What should I do?

I lied [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, My nae is Raph and I have a big issue in front of me. Well its not that big but I need help. I have been dating a girl for a month. I lied to her about an occasion ( I told her I was somewhere but I really wasnt) anyhow she found out that I lied and gave me the famouse line " we...

I Lied [ 5 Answers ]

:( I started playing poker on this internet site and just for a laugh I made a fales name and pic, but after a few days of playing I started talking to this guy and before I knew it I was making a new msn address for use to talk you should also no that I am single and 42. Every night ARE chats got...

View more questions Search