Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prayingmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Retired Father exempt from Paying Child Support in TX?
    The father of my sons has recently retired and the 2 children began receiving Dependent SS Benefits. They would receive these even if we were not divorced correct.
    It makes sense that their financially wealthy father continue his child support obligations per the Divorce Decree so I would be able to save these Dependent Benefits for their college. There is a huge income difference and ability for paying for college between he and I. Although I do work outside of the home, I also have MS which interferes with the amount of work I can accomplish at times. There is no obligation of his paying for any of their college and this is a major stressor on the boys as one is a Jr. now. We live in Texas.

Thank you for your advice.

prayingmom
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
    The child support court orders are valid until one or both of you go back to court to get it modified. So has he went back to court to get the court ordered changed.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Has he gone back to court to have it modified? As for college tons of kids go to college with out any help from their parents financially. I know both my brother and I did it and I'm now an accountant and my younger brother has his bachelors in medical technology. It will take years to pay off but it can be done!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father paying child support [ 3 Answers ]

Can a father that gets ssi still have to pay child support. He can work but he don't want to. I have 4 kids and he don't pay.

Ex-Wife not paying child support of seeing the child [ 10 Answers ]

We just recently got the divorce final my I got custody and she is suppose to have visitation every other weekend she will pick her up Friday and drop her off Saturday. She was suppose to take her for the whole month of June and July but said she cannot because she has no one to watch her. She...

Father paying child support to mother when daughter lives with dad's grandparents [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I don't know what to do he has a 15 year old daughter who lives with my husband's parents, she been living with them since 1994 when child services gave temporary custody to my husbands mom until the mom felt ready to get custody back. My husband didn't have the custody because he...

Pay child support=paying for drug habit of father [ 8 Answers ]

I'd really love to know how I can pay child support for my son without having his father use that support for drugs.My son stays with his father out of what I think is guilt... When we broke up he used the... "If i don't have you, I might as well kill myself" trick and since then my son decided to...

Father not paying child support [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have a three yr old boy. His father and I have been separated since my son was 4 months old. I put him on child support and my case was approved since Nov. 2005, but I have not seen anything financially. I called the child support people and they said that it seems like he has made no...

View more questions Search