Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csquared Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Fun things to do @ a hotel party?
    I'm going to have about 16 people in a Hilton suite for my 19th birthday. We're going to have some drinks and some music, but not too loud. What are some things we can do to get everybody talking? I have so many different groups of friends. I want to make sure that they all get comfy w/ each other.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Try the game "Apples to Apples". Great party game, and a good way for people to get to know one another, plus it stems a lot of discussion about the answers given.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 10:44 AM
    There's not too much you can do in a hotel room with drinking before it gets too loud and complaints start to pour in. We've always started having a beverage in a hotel room then moved the proceedings offsite.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    There's not too much you can do in a hotel room with drinking before it gets too loud and complaints start to pour in. We've always started having a beverage in a hotel room then moved the proceedings offsite.
    Very True!

What you are talking about here is underage drinking, in a hotel room.

BAD IDEA!

Unless you like the idea of you, and some or all of your friends, and God forbid there is anyone over 21 there, to be charged with providing the liquor, to spend your 19th birthday in jail?

Find a more private place, where you can't disturb others so easily, and where the cops can't just walk right in, because the desk clerk gave them a key.

Re-think this plan is my advise.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Underage drinking? Are you sure that's an issue? This post is from someone who lives in P, and I think the legal drinking age in P is L. (rim-shot)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Start by talking about who is going to bail everyone out is always a good start.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Jun 26, 2008, 08:04 AM
    I suggest the same as everyone else as far as the underage drinking goes. I mean, if you are going to drink, we can not stop you... but drinking in a hotel?? You are bound to get caught, and I do not think a UAD is what you want for your birthday.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Does the Hilton know you are having a party? I worked in a hotel during my college years and it has been my experience that most hotels do not allow parties in the rooms (because it disturbs the other guests.) You may want to check with them before you get tossed out and lose your money because they will not refund if you violate their rules.
    pgroshoe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 11:48 PM
    You can invite a couple of hot guys over just to chill..
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pgroshoe
    it is my daughters 13th birthday and she ask 17
    she is getting a couple (7) of friends and going to a big water park then a concert then to sleep ata h hotel after and im letting them get their own room.

they need fun things to do to keep them from getting board are into trouble..
    Any suggestions?
    In my opinion you are asking for trouble.
    carldyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Holy cow you guys are way to "mature" you probably all drank underage when you were younger but now you all have something up your ! Mind your own business they didn't ask is it OK to drink underage they asked what can they do while they drink to entertain themselves. !

Anyway my advice is get wasted listen to good music... maybe do some dancing... have fun... make some prank calls... dim the lights everyone (with booze in them) are bound to get cozy. :) have fun guys and stay safe!

Ps
    MsCtrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 12:48 PM
    Wow I didn't see a single useful idea here. Why did everyone assume the "drinks" were alcohol and choose to change the subject without making any suggestions. I can see it's too late now but this topic was searchable as I found it on Google so ideas would be nice still. I'm researching fun things for my daughter to do and there will NOT be any alcohol although there will be drinks.

So far the ideas I have found online have included, board games like apples to apples (which seems to be more fun with lots of people). A game console, dvd rentals if a dvd player is available, pillow fights (not too rough), fortune telling cards and someone plays the fortune teller (could be the guest of honor or appointed by the guest of honor if birthday party), make sure hotel has pool/hot tubs.

Things I thought up as it's going to be a group of teens and my daughter is the birthday girl. I thought about a lunch sack potluck. Where they each bring a lunch sack food they can share. You can either have them bring their own sandwiches or make those for everyone so the things they bring could be chips, cookies, snack foods. Adults like potluck so I figured teens wouldn't mind sharing their favorite convenience foods in their own type of potluck. If you know all the kids/families it could be home made foods if they choose.

Although it looks like we are doing a buffet restaurant since the group is fairly small. Boys are going home at midnight so the girls can do girl things after that, if they want to stay up all night. Which they probably will. So they can do things like spa treatments, dress up and try on each other's clothes (clothing doesn't have to be something they would wear every day or even at all and can also include costumes either pre-made or made up). Could have something like boat races in the tub. Origami with the towels.

There is always truth or dare, spin the bottle and other teen games.

And a scavenger hunt.

But there will always be someone wanting to play video games. And it's fun to compete with friends so plan around that if you draw a blank.

My daughters party will be chaperoned by me. Wish me luck surviving all the teens. I hope you find what you need (to future researchers) and I hope your party was a success )to the creator of this post).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotel inspector [ 4 Answers ]

I have always wanted to be a hotel inspector, and I do not know how to get into this type of job and what qualifications are needed, BUT I would so love to do it, and have no ties

Has the Democratic Party always been the cry-baby Party? [ 21 Answers ]

This is an honest question and I’m looking for an honest answer. Since I can remember Democrats talk about what a lousy country this is and constantly complain about the “unfairness” of life, the “evils” of big business, the never-shrinking scourge of racism and homophobia, and the inevitable...

Albuquerque area hotel--specific things wanted [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried Priceline and a couple other services/searches, but can't find what I want. I'm looking for a hotel in the Albuquerque, NM area that has jacuzzi-type tubs in the room. Anyone know of any or how to find out without spending an afternoon on the phone calling every hotel in town?

Can I sue a Hotel? [ 6 Answers ]

The week of Thanksgiving I had surgery. I was unsure if I was going to be able to see my family for the holiday so I made reservations at a hotel just in cse I could make it. I specifically asked the lady on the phone if I would be charged right away and she said " We cannot charge your card until...

View more questions Search