Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    my kids are the world Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 04:18 PM
    The father of my child wants to sign his rights over because he don't want to pay
    What do I have to do to stop that from happening
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2008, 04:27 PM
    If he wishes to do this you cannot stop him from doing this. He won't be able to see his child and you won't have to hassle with him any more.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2008, 06:21 PM
    First of course he CAN NOT just sign over his rights unless both you and a judge will agree, So laught at him and tell him you will see him in court, esp in court to make sure you get your child support.

Also unless you have a step parent to adopt, his child support does not stop even if the judge would allow him go give up his rights in almost all cases.

There would not be men sitting in jail for not paying child support if they could just "sign over rights"

He has no idea what he is talking about, obvouslly has not talked to an attorney, So yes laugh at him is my best advice.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 08:19 AM
    You don't have to do anything... so you have nothing to worry about.

He CANNOT relinquish his parental rights to get out of paying child support.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Comments on this post
    twinkiedooter disagrees: I didn't say he could get out of paying child support

First off you may want to read the guidelines for the rating system... and maybe use it correctly next time.

You said
    if he wishes to do this you cannot stop him from doing this
    The ACCURATE information is that he CAN'T "do this". He cannot sign away his rights... period. He can choose not to see the child, but that in no way means he won't have to pay support and she doesn't have to "hassle with him anymore".
    JULES787 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    So laught at him and tell him you will see him in court, esp in court to make sure you get your child support.

So yes laugh at him is my best advice.
    ;) i must say thank you for that, hell i laughed. i'm going through a situation in which the dad wants to relinquish to rid me of his life. Keep in mind we've always got along, civil talked over the phone etc. (i'm sure there's another reason for it) however, at this time that was good advice. Laugh for all his hassles n hard work for even considering such a thing, it'll come bk to bite him on his rear.:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father wants to sign over rights, Not wanting to pay child support out of paycheck [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my son wants to sign over all parental rights, and apay child support on his own and not through the paycheck. Is that possible? Is it also possible if I go to welfare and try to get assistance that they won't go after his paycheck? I need the help, but I don't want his...

Father Wants to sign away his rights so he doesn't have to pay child support [ 3 Answers ]

Is this legal? Can he do this? Will the courts allow it since the child support was court ordered? His wife and him are trying to bully me into hiring a lawyer and having the paper work drawn up for this. They both were convicted of child abuse against my son and she has a no contact order...

How would I go about getting the father of my child to sign his rights over? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old daughter, and we live in Texas. When my daughter was 6mos. He decided being a father was too much an left to IL. I don't ask for child support, I have done it on my own and now I would like to just consider it his loss and remove any rights he may have. How would I go about...

How do I go about having the father of my child sign his rights away? [ 2 Answers ]

So I am a single mother, my daughter will be 2 at the end of December. Her father has not been here the whole time. I have been doing it on my own. I get 150 dollars a month child support but I would gladly give that up to have him sign his rights away. I know that if I were to come to him with the...

Father wants to sign off parental rights and not pay [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, the man that has made me pregnant , told me the other day, that he si going to sign off his rights to the baby as soon as he can. He also claims , if he does that , he doesn't have to pay any child support for his son. He doesn't want anything to do with my sone, our me, which is fine, but is...

View more questions Search