Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zanebrooke23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Child abandonment
    My dad has custody of my son but he's been living with me for over a year . Does my dad still have rights and can he take my son away
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 07:56 PM
    The person who has the court issued cusody has the rights, So if your dad has custody issued though a judge and it has not been changed then he does. So you will have to go back to court and get full cusoty of your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

Could somebody please tell me what the laws are on child abandonment in the state of Pennsylvania? I've looked it up, but I always find it on other states and not the one I need.

Child abandonment? [ 12 Answers ]

My name is paul and I have had my daughter for a year and a half.she is two and a half and her mom has had her two nights and came and seen her maybe five times in the last year and a half ,no christmas calls or presents nothing.last month I got a letter from d.f.s saying she filed for child...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Abandonment [ 10 Answers ]

Greetings, I have committed the horrible crime of fathering a child in the State of Washington. I was not married but living with a woman. I made the mistake of taking a woman and her two children into my home as an act of kindness. After a year, I found out that she is a psychopath as determined...

Child Abandonment [ 8 Answers ]

I have a similar question to what someone else asked who is located from Alabama. How do I file for Child Abandonment? The difference between my situation and the other person who asked this exact question is that the father actually still lives in the same state as we do. He hadn't seen my son in...

View more questions Search