Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 10:11 PM
    9 1/2 month old is he eating and drinking enough
    I have a 9 1/2 month old boy an I'm not sure whether he is getting enough to eat an drink he isn't a chubby baby an never has been he only has 2 300 ml bottles a day he has a 300ml bottle and 1-2 pieces of toast for breakfast and for lunch he has 170g of youghurt or fruit plus an hour after that he has 2-4 biscuits then for tea he has 170-220g vegies or pasta or whatever I give him then he will have 1 biscuit and he has juice throughout the day then he will have a 300ml bottle 1 1/2 hours before bed he hasn't lost any weight but is that enough for him.
    Also he has been waking at 6 o clock every morning for a couple of days and won't go back to sleep he only sleeps 1/12-2 hours during the day and doesn't go to bed until 8.30 and he is still tired when he wakes how can I get him to go back to sleep he used to sleep until 7.45-8
    Any advice with any of these questions would be great...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 10:18 PM
    What protein (meat) is he eating? His food choices don't sound very interesting. Does he eat cut-up foods by himself?

Here is a good site (it says on the site 9-12 months) --

Feeding your baby - 6 to 9 Months

Jan 19, 2008, 11:37 PM
    He eats chicken, belgium, tuna, minced meat and I'm noy sure whether to try him on sausages without the skins it said on a site that its OK is it OK
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
    He is drinking 30 ounces a day. This is not very much. Is he getting any juices? I do see you are feeing him quite a bit of biscuits (I'm from the US and those are cookies I believe). He may be getting too many sweets.

If he is not losing weight that is good. You don't mention what his weight is now though, or what his birth weight was. That would be a tremendous help.

Jan 22, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Well the biscuits he is eating don't have any sugar they are baby yum yums yes hehas about 200mls of juice a day depending on the weather sometimes more or less...
    He weighed 6 pound 7 ounzes when he was born and weighs 8 1/2 kilos now
    I have tried to get him to drink more formula I've tried to mix it in food and he won't come at it he only wants it for morning and night feeds and that's it I can't force it upon him...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Issue with eating and drinking [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I just adopted a boxer/terrier mix and she is very well behaved... she just won't eat very well or drink water when she really should. Being a terrier mix makes her incredibly excitable and she is constantly on the go. We took her to the vet and they said that she is not in danger of...

My Old Dog Quit Eating And Drinking [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm starting to panic here! My 7 year old rattier dog quit eating and drinking and I think it's because he's jealous of the new 2 month old beagle puppy, but I don't know how to get him to start eating and drinking again! Now he won't eat and drink at all I've tried and tried to get him to...

New puppy not eating or drinking [ 12 Answers ]

We got a new 8 week old Malte-Poo Puppy yesterday, brought her home and she had plenty of energy, was eating, drinking, urinating and pooping regularly. Today however she still has plenty of energy but will not eat or drink. She has urinated 4 times and pooped 2 times. Should we be concerned? I...

Dog stroke-HELP not eating or drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I dog just had what the vet says is a stroke. I heard they will recover within weeks but at the moment she is not eating and taking water via a plastic syringe. Anyting we can do to help her dizzyness, tilted head and lack or appetite? Please help John

8 week old puppy not eating but drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought home an 8 week old Scottish Terrier puppy from a very loving breeder. I'm not sure if he's just too young or what's going on. He ate the first night I brought him home and now he hasn't eaten in the past two days. He drinks plenty of water and is piddling but short of force...

View more questions Search