Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachel125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 08:55 PM
    How to give my boyfriend parental rights of my child that is not his
    Hello I just wanted to as a ? Concerning my four year old son.
    When I had him I put the father as unknown and now I am wondering how to get my boyfriend to have parental rights over him
    I am in canada and I am so lost I want to get this over with now cause he has always known him as his dad and has never met his bio father
    Im just getting scared that he is going to come and try to get some kind of custody of my child cause he is not a good person always drinking and what not
    But I know since I have my child with father unknown I should be able to get my boyfrind to adopt him
    Thank you all for your help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
    First marry your boyfriend and petition in family court for him to adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I give up all parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

OK I'm a father, but I'm getting divorced my ex wants me to pay child support but I don't have the money to give I heard that I can sgin a paper giving up all rlghts to my 2 year old child and I won't have to pay child support how do I go about doing that?? Help

He wants to give up his parental rights in order to stop child support payments [ 12 Answers ]

3 years ago I dated a guy who was is in the army:( and got pregnant and had our daughter on June 4th 2006. I thought he would be here for me but it turns out he was married. His wife had no idea and I didn't either. After not hearing from him for 6 months he called and said that he had been...

Can I make my boyfriend give up his rights to his child [ 3 Answers ]

Can I make my boyfriend give up his rights to his daughter.we have never been married.he hasn't seen her in over a year. Now he is taking me back to court to redo visitation and she hate's him and doesn't want to go.is there anything I can do.what question do I ask my attorney about this

Give up parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: how des a father go on about giving up his parental rights in Iowa

Give up my parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is paul and I have a problem. Me and my ex girlfriend have a son together. My son will be 2 years old dec. 27 and I have not seen him since he was 8 months old. The mother has taken me for child support. I never received a court notice to go to court so it ended up in a default...

View more questions Search