Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ERIKAB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
    CAN a Man In jail get a paternity test?
    MY kids father is locked up in moose lake prison in Minnesota. I say we have four kids together but he denies all four. If he had a choice he would choose 2 of the four kids. I need to establish paternity as quickly as possible.. my questions are 1. Can he be tested in jail? 2. how can I receive child support if he never worked and lives in another state? 3. is there anyway to get testing done for free while he is in jail?
    outtheresister Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 28, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ERIKAB
    MY kids father is locked up in moose lake prison in minnesota. i say we have four kids together but he denies all four. if he had a choice he would choose 2 of the four kids. i need to establish paternity as quickly as possible.. my questions are 1. Can he be tested in jail? 2. how can i receive child support if he never worked and lives in another state? 3. is there anyway to get testing done for free while he is in jail?
    Call the State Attorney Generals office for your answer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 08:34 PM
    He can be tested in jail, ( after you serve him with court papers ordering a test) no it will not be free, And who is going to pay the child support, unless he is rich and has a large bank account, if he is not working, and if he is in jail, there is no MONEY to pay child support until he gets out and gets a job.
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Oct 30, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Yes Fr Chuck, but he will still owe that support once he is out of jail... if he doesn't pay the back support, he will be incarcerated again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is trying to tell that the answer to his paternity come back as inconclusive because both of them are African-American. I know this is crap. Just want to make sure.

My man is in jail. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello? My man is in jail for somehing ne did not do and his pro told him that he had to go in front of a judge to see when he will get out how long do you think that will tack. Can anyone help me by answer my question please

Paternity Test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im from Pennsylvania, My son passed away in Feb of this year, from a methadone overdose. The coroner told us it was the first time that my son had ever taken it ,otherwise the dose he took would have never killed him. Also the coroner stated that my son was drug free for at least 6-8 months,...

Ex wants paternity test [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancee's ex boyfriend claims that he is the father of our unborn child. Now according to the conception date there is no way possible for him to be the father,but regardless in an attempt to get back at her he is demanding a paternity test when the child is born. Just curious to the rights that...

Paternity Test. [ 7 Answers ]

What happends if after 6 1/2 years my child is not mine?:confused:

View more questions Search