Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dory9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Cat having accidents in house
    So, I am at my wits end. We took in a stray kitten last summer. She is now about a year old. For the first 6 months things were fine. Now for some reason she is peeing in the house. She has some kind of leather fettish - she has peed on the leather couch and on the beanbag chair. We removed the bean bag chair, and now she is peeing on a new shag throw rug I got. Her litter box is clean and in a quiet area. I don't get it. How do I stop this and how do I get rid of the smell? I am ready to take her to a shelter, and the only thing stopping me is my kids. She has not been spayed yet, and I am getting that done soon. One more thing, she has started sneezing constantly - with discharge. When I get her spayed, will this stop?:eek:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Sneezing and spraying one should have nothing to do with the other. Please inform the vet before he spays her of the sneezing and nasal discharge. Hopefully after she is spayed the peeing/spraying will stop. Give her a little while and see what happens. You may also want to limit the areas that she is allowed to be in. Keep her litter box as clean as possible. I rinse mine with vinegar/water to make sure I get rid of the urine odor. I use a product called Urine Gone for pet odors, in my opinion there is nothing better. Read instructions & follow directions or it will not be as effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

How to get cat out from under a house? [ 9 Answers ]

There is a cat (not ours!) in the crawl space under the house. We can hear it meow, but we can't get it to come out. The only exit is through the garage, which we usually keep closed. It must have run in one day when we were walking the dog. The cat has been there for several days, with no food or...

Bringing a stray cat into a house with another cat? [ 22 Answers ]

Okay, I have a male cat, who is about 14 years old, and he is still very active. Recently we've been having a stray cat who looks to be at most a year and a half old come around our house. It is a girl, and she hangs around our house all day. It is a gorgeous cat, and we've been considering...

A cat moving from house to house [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are divorced and I want a cat. Most cats don't like moving but they would be moving to a different house every week. They wouldn't stay at the same house. What cat should I get?

My 10wk old pug puppy is having accidents in the house (m) [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking him outside at least every hour or two, and will crate him if we can't watch him. We have had him for 11 days and he has had several "accidents" in the house, and we always take him outside when he is caught in the act. I have been cleaning the spots with pet cleaner, so...

View more questions Search