Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattrap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Getting a license for a in home care service company in Arizona
    My sister and I are starting a company that will provide in home care for the elderly or home bound. It will not be medical assistance but rather sitting, and small chores, looking in on, so that the person may remain in their home without having to live in a nursing home. We have checked with several state agencies without success in finding out if we need to be licensed and if so how. Also how do we become bonded and what exactly does that mean?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 22, 2007, 01:00 PM
    In order to be bonded you should have a police check. But what will you do with these elderly who have medical issues, or if some don't know what kind of meds they take? I am a licensed Personal Support Worker whose scope of practice does not encompass giving meds to my clients but I can direct them only. I also have experience in lifting in ways that don't put a lot of stress on me.

So what qualifications do you have to take care of elderly people in their homes ? Caring for individuals on a day to day basis, especially ones with medical issues, is big responsibility.

I recognize my scope of practice and adhere to it, but then Ontario has regulations that can be readily accessed if anyone wants to know what can be done in this area.
    Surely there must be a government agency that regulates nursing home care; this would be the type of agency that could help you with your search for the correct licences (for what you want to do).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wine license for home based business [ 3 Answers ]

For my homebased business, I am planning to sell fine import wines from Europe. Do I need to get a liquor license to sell wine online. Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated. Michael

Home care [ 3 Answers ]

I am in search of an organization that will help an elderly couple (84 and 90) with daily routines around the house, such as meals on wheels, cleaning, grocery shopping etc. They still live in their own house and soon will not be driving at all. I am in Los Angeles, but the couple is in Livonia,...

Service Company Introduction Letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with writing an introduction letter for a service company. Basically, I want to use this letter to briefly introduce my company and to get the decision maker to read my brochure. Thanks

Internet Service Company [ 2 Answers ]

I am Getting tired of using AOL.. Is there someone out there that can recommend to me some one better. Thanks for any responds. Paul

View more questions Search