Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ODEA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Cr-rw now suddenly cd-r
    Am running windows xp and have been backing up data on cd-rw in E drive. Suddenly when trying to update, discs read write protected and read only. I cannot even read info on the discs now. Just installed nero and removed casio 5 which was not working to record on cd-r. can you help me and if you can please explain as clearly as possible. Am 80 and don't understand all the current computer language. Thanks.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2007, 08:43 AM
    It sounds like the drive is just shot and needs to be repalced
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

May 19, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Ok Windows Xp Doesn't need any CD copying Like Nero To copy any information To a CD.

Insert a CD-R or CD-RW cd into the Disk drive. Find the files you want to copy to CD. Select them individely with Ctrl (Control) and click on them until highlighted. Once all files you what to copy are selected press Ctrl (Control) then C, This will copy the files. Then go to my computer, go into the CD rom drive then Press Ctrl (control) then V, This will temperaly paste then files to the CD rom. Then click on Copy files to CD this should start you off copying the files to CD. Now CD-R cd can only be used once to copy stuff to, on the other hand CD-RW which are re-writables can be used many times. To erase files from a CD-RW go into your CD rom drive and select Erase files from CD-RW. Nero is not needed for XP. Also Copy and Paste functions can be found Under the heading Edit. Only other reason for CD to fails is, Wrong copying programs or it didn't full complete job. CD has become to scratched to use.

If this helped rate it.
    ODEA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchdman
    Ok Windows Xp Doesn't need any CD copying Like Nero To copy any infomation To a CD.

Insert a CD-R or CD-RW cd into the Disk drive. Find the files you want to copy to CD. Select them individely with Ctrl (Control) and click on them until highlighted. Once all files you what to copy are selected press Ctrl (Control) then C, This will copy the files. Then go to my computer, go into the CD rom drive then Press Ctrl (control) then V, This will temperaly paste then files to the CD rom. Then click on Copy files to CD this sould start you off copying the files to CD. Now CD-R cd can only be used once to copy stuff to, on the other hand CD-RW which are re-writables can be used many times. To erase files from a CD-RW go into your CD rom drive and select Erase files from CD-RW. Nero is not needed for XP. Also Copy and Paste functions can be found Under the heading Edit. Only other reason for CD to fails is, Wrong copying programs or it didn't full complete job. CD has become to scratched to use.

If this helped rate it.
    Thanks. I have been backing up files on CD-RW for a couple of years without a problem. When I inserted one of these CD-RW discs in drive to update, I got the message that it was write protected and/or disabled. I had installed Nero to copy songs from my CD's to a CD-R which I managed to do. Wondered if my recent installation had anything to do with my problem. Again, thanks for help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cr-rw now suddenly cd-r [ 1 Answers ]

Am running windows xp and have been backing up data on cd-rw in E drive. Suddenly when trying to update, discs read write protected and read only. I cannot even read info on the discs now. Just installed nero and uninstalled casio 5 which was not working to record on cd-r. can you help me and...

Suddenly feeling like nothing but a burden [ 4 Answers ]

Troubles with my mother. I've been having difficulty in finding the right career for me. Currently I'm working as a nurse but I hate it, I'd want to move into either the operating theatre or working at the vets. I'm only 22 so I figured that I still had time to find my niche in the working world....

Dog suddenly peeing [ 1 Answers ]

So my dog Zeus has always been very well behave when it comes to doing his business. Now all of a sudden he just starts wetting things. He has wet my bed 2x this week and sometimes when my husband comes home he will get excited and wet the floor. How do we get him to stop this?

92 Honda suddenly stops [ 2 Answers ]

The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts...

Dog suddenly going potty [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 yr. old lab mix got her vaccination boster today, and tonight she suddenly went pee in the house, all over before we noticed it. A reaction to the shots or coincidence?

View more questions Search