Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxxlouxxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2011, 11:59 AM
    Relationship Support [4 Years ended today]
    Hi guys, I looked around and found everybody here to be quite supportive so I thought I would give it a go. I have been with my 'ex' for 4 years I'm 19 so you can imagine it was not perfect, however I love the bones off him but I'm not the person I used to be anymore. I lack self confidence, meeting new people scares me. Im currently at university and should be having the time of my life but since last September I have been trying to make my relationship work. I constantly feel like I have to walk on egg shells around him, wondering what next will set him off. Today that happenend, as its valentines day on Monday he was planning on coming to stay with me at uni tomorrow night - I want to make this clear that he does everything in his power not to come and see me, he's been twice. Anyway he went to buy condoms today only somebody he knew was on the till so he phoned me and told me he couldn't get them so I said don't worry about it, its no big deal then he told me I'm lazy because I am at uni while he he working at sainsburys I should be buying them. So we argued for a bit and I asked is this over and he said yeah he can't be bothered with me anymore he doesn't care this was all via text.

So I was just hoping for some words of encouragment to make me chin up :] Thanks guys!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 08:19 PM

Does that sound like an excuse not to come see you? Could he have started the argument as an excuse. Maybe you should rethink this relationship, or at least get the terms straight, because he doesn't sound like he is putting in as much work as you are.

But you have been together since 15, and it seems like someone is having a hard time going from kids in love to adult committed relationships.

he went to buy condoms today only somebody he knew was on the till so he phoned me and told me he couldn't get them so I said don't worry about it, its no big deal
    Wow, must be a really small town, if that was his only option to get condoms.

Makes me wonder why you even put up with this boy, yes he is a boy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 08:29 PM

Yes, around here every corner gas station, all drug stores, walmart and more all have them, sounds like a issue. And so someone he knows , sees him buy,? So what

Remember after high school, and after you enter college or enter into the real world ** high school is far from real world. Many times people change after high school, most people change some. So it is very possible that you are growing apart
    zalmae Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 01:04 PM
    Better u leave that guy he was never in lv with u neither he is going to be trust me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship Ended [ 8 Answers ]

I was dating a man six months. Early on in the relationship he emailed me at work & say he couldn't wait to see me, the following day he emailed me & said he was going back to his ex-girlfriend. When that didn't work out, he again emailed me & asked would I give him a second change. I gave him...

So my first relationship has ended [ 25 Answers ]

Firstly I think the background story should be known. We are both 18 now and we started dating 2 1/2 years ago and it was great. It felt like I met my soulmate, I got along well with her family, I could stop by and they would be really friendly to me. We talked about everything, the deep stuff...

My relationship has ended [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend since February. Things were going great. He came to my mums wedding, held my hand when I was in hospital recently and we moved in together 5 weeks ago. He's an only child and has lived away from home before now but is essentailly a mummys boy who does like to have his...

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

My relationship ended because of the way that I am [ 19 Answers ]

:( I was dating this wonderful guy for nine months and went through hell and back for this man. Well, because of previous relationships that I had, I was very insecure and jealous and in the end it caused for me and the love of my life to break up. How do I overcome this? Does it come all at once...

View more questions Search