Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jelenajolic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Newborn citizenship
    I am not an American citizen and my husbent is. We are going to have a baby in few months. I would like for my child to be able to have bouth citizenships. I also go home very often so my questions are if I am going to be ble to put my child on my passport and if s/he will need some kind of viza to get back to s/his faters country? Can we bouth have dual citizenships?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2007, 06:53 AM
    The baby can have dual citizenships and will get US citizenship automatically if born in the US. You have to apply through your husband. He will have to sponsor you to have citizenship in the US through marriage.

Also the baby must have it's own passport if travelling internationally, you cannot "add" anyone to your passport.

However you need to contact your home country's immigration office to see if the baby is eligible for citizenship (some countries do not allow dual citizenship, the US does but your home country may not)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My newborn baby [ 13 Answers ]

My 6 week old son has really bad gas and is constipated.Its hard to get him to sleep at night because the gas and constipation keeps him up... I give him gas medicine but he still has a lot of gas.What could I do about the gas and constipation?? :confused:

Newborn kitten [ 3 Answers ]

My cat just gave birth to one kitten, but the kitten appears lifeless, how do I know for sure if its alive?

A Newborn Baby [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I Would Like To Know The Minimum Age Requirement Of A Qualifying Child Because I Had My Daughter On Oct, 19 2006. Will I Be Able To Claim Her For The Year Of 2006? I Mean She Was In My Stomach The Entire Year So Does That Count As EIC?:confused:

Newborn kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My female cat gave birth to 4 kittens approximately 5 hours ago and is ignoring them. She goes into the box if someone goes into the room but other than that she seems more concerned with her 4 month old kittens, bathing and mothering them. Any help?

Newborn kittens [ 4 Answers ]

My 9 month old kitten has just had kittens(:eek: ) but she keeps leaving them and wondering around the house everyhour or so is this normal or is she rejecting them although she is still feeding them. And also when can we pick the kittens up and stroke them.

View more questions Search