Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msscott Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 11:49 PM
    Two year late period
    Hi I am a 19 year old virgin about to turn 20 and my period used to be irregular this first months I got it and now when I was 17 going on 18 it stopped for good and I am about to be 20. When I was back home in my island my gynecologist said I should take birth control pills to regulate my period but I never took it. Could you tell me what's wrong I need help sometimes I have a little pain in my left close to my womb area nothing big to complain about please help. Some doctors say because I'm a virgin my period is not regular. Thanks in advance
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
    You NEED to see a doctor to find out exactly why you are not having a period.

How much do you weigh? Are you small or big?

Do you eat healthy? Exercise?

You need to have your doctor check your hormone levels to find out what is going on. Not having a period for over 2 years is not normal and should be checked out.
    msscott Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msscott
    hi i am a 19 year old virgin about to turn 20 and my period used to be irregular this first months i got it and now when i was 17 going on 18 it stopped for good and i am about to be 20. when i was back home in my island my gynecologist said i should take birth control pills to regulate my period but i never took it. could u tell me what's wrong i need help sometimes i have a little pain in my left close to my womb area nothing big to complain about please help. some doctors say because i'm a virgin my period is not regular. thanks in advance
    I am 5'8 I think I weigh 218 pounds. I don't exercise and I don't eat healthy I can't remember the last time I had a fruit I say a glass of Orange Juice is fruit. I need help my doctor in Trinidad said it's normal when I used to get it every three months now it stopped could you give me a exercise plan or some advice from you thanks
    kutlessfan03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msscott
    hi i am a 19 year old virgin about to turn 20 and my period used to be irregular this first months i got it and now when i was 17 going on 18 it stopped for good and i am about to be 20. when i was back home in my island my gynecologist said i should take birth control pills to regulate my period but i never took it. could u tell me what's wrong i need help sometimes i have a little pain in my left close to my womb area nothing big to complain about please help. some doctors say because i'm a virgin my period is not regular. thanks in advance
    Just because you are a virgin does not mean you are going to be irregular. Usually a girls period is irregular when they first start. They can be very erratic if you are athletic. You should probably go get some tests done. Sometimes cysts can cause irregular periods. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period [ 2 Answers ]

I had 10 days period late but not pregnant ?

I am 7 days late from my period And I am not sreet at all And my last period was on the 20 augest 2006 And I was to come on on the 17 of setember 2006 And I have still not come on and my nipple are going brown and I fell sick and everything

Had my IUD removed a the start of Jan because of Period problems. Started period on the 6th of Jan and my birth control Ovcon35 that day. My cycle was 4 days long. I have not been under stress or anything like that. But as of today Feb 11 nothing. I should have started the third of Feb...

Late period [ 1 Answers ]

I had late period for 4days and the next day I started to bleed.Although my breasts are swollen and I feel like I am pregnant,or is it implantation bleeding.Pls I would like to know,I am curious.

Late period [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on June 21st, I should have gotten my period July 17th. My husband and I had intercourse July 4th. I have never been late before I have taken about four different types of HPT and all come out negative. I have just gotten some brown discharge today and when I wipped I notice...

View more questions Search