Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEZUKE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Adding a name to parent's house
    Hi, I would like to know what the procedures are for adding children's names to a deceased parent's home. My father recently passed away and was not able to put anyone's name on the house. There are still siblings living in the house. I know it will go through probate, but how do we go about putting someone else's name on the house?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Probate court will decide what happens to the house, it may have to be sold and the money divided to the heirs if no one can agree on what happens to the house.

If the court awards the house to someone or that is the agreement, the court will issue a new deed with the correct new owners names.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding name to title on house [ 5 Answers ]

What form do I need to add a name to title to a home

Adding a name to a house deed [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently got married. He purchased our home is his name before we got married. Now that we are married we want to add my name as well. What do we need to do this and where do we go to do it?

Adding spouse name to house deed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a house that he is renting to tenants but he is still making mortgage payments and want to add my name to it what steps do I take to do take? Thank you, Mistyrita

Adding outside air to house [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any way to inexpensively add outside air to a home. For instance can I just tie a 1" or 2" pvc pipe from outside to my return duct to add outside air. I am not sure if this is a crazy question or not but it would seem OK. I live in the Philadelphia area so it can get pretty cold - so...

View more questions Search