Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xox-jessica-xox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Is it safe for me to dye my hair?
    Hi,
    About a month ago I dyed my hair a dark brown/black colour with Clairol Natural Instics (amonia free) hair dye, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to dye my hair again with a different kind of dye that is lighter brown in colour with a caramel highlight kit in it as well.
    My hair takes colour really well, and I dye my hair around every three months, I'm just getting tired of the dark colours and since the weather is nicer I'd like my hair to become lighter.The only thing I am really worried about is the fact that my hair may turn a green-ish colour, and I really don't look good in green.

Any advice would be nice.
    Thanks!
    Chameleon Posts: 154, Reputation: 17

Apr 15, 2012, 09:00 AM
    Dye won't lift dye. Trust me, Ive been told that about a bajillion times. Now I'm going to say what I'm SUPPOSED to say. Go to a professional. No, I never follow my own advice.

That being said, you could try a color remover like Color Oops or One and Only Color Fix to remove the darker color. Just be sure to do a strand test and follow the directions EXACTLY, and rinse, rinse, rinse. They say it doesn't damage your hair, well they lie. Be prepared to get a trim and to give your hair lots of TLC after you double process it.

I'm a big believer in the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment and the 2 minute keratin reconstructor from Sally. It is very pricey, but it worked on my poor frazzled hair after I bleached it, colored it 3 times with semi permanent color, and 3 permanent colors. Yeah, my hair hated me. It felt spongy when it was wet and was very stretchy. I used the aphogee and I fell in love with it.

Best of luck sweetie. I think I know what color kit you're talking about and it is a beautiful color combo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got bleached hair. Is it safe to dye? [ 2 Answers ]

I bleached my hair blonde about 2 months ago maybe a few weeks more,but. I don't like it I've brought a purple hair dye I was wondering if its safe as I don't want my hair to fall out or go a horrid colour... help? X

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

My hair dye never came out, is it safe to dye it again? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a week ago, but my hair didn't take in any of the color. Is it safe to re-dye it again tonight?

Is it safe to dye your hair 4 times in a week [ 2 Answers ]

My hair was a medium brown the lady at a beuity supply store told me to put a bleaching kit on my hair and I turned my hair yellow -white color so then the same day I dyed it a dark blonde ,turned it a little less yellow well then I waited a day and dyed it a golden brown so now I am stuck with a...

Is it safe to dye my hair black if. [ 6 Answers ]

Around x-mas of 2006 I dyed my hair black. It was dyed 2-3 more times after that the same color. Then in late August I dyed my hair burgandy I redyed it several times. Then recently I dyed my hair dark brown, then about a week ago I put demi permanent red dye in the underneath side of my hair (made...

View more questions Search