Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prashant1323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2012, 03:42 AM
    Weight for 5 month old girl
    My baby girl is 5 months old her weight is 6.02 kgs . Do you think this is a ideal weight at this age. Or should we start with top food as recommended by our doctor.please reply
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Hi prashant1323,

What did your daughter weigh when she was born? Is she being breastfed or taking formula? Has she shown steady growth since birth? Has she been developing as she should with using her hands, playing with toys, interacting with people, moving about, etc.

Her weight falls within the norm, but it can also depend on how she has shown her weight gain. Does her doctor feel that she should be weighing more for some reason?

Different locations will have different thoughts on when and what to feed infants. When do babies normally start foods where you live?

Generally, foods are not necessary for nutrition until around 6 months, and that is more for formula fed babies than for breastfed babies. A guide is that baby will have doubled her birth weight by about 5 months.

You'll have to decide if you are comfortable starting just yet and what the doctor's reasons are for wanting to do so. When you do start, feed baby her milk first, and then slowly introduce a food. Her milk, whether breastmilk or formula, will be her main source of nutrition for the first year, at least. Foods will slowly increase along the way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight in a month [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am 18 years old with height 5 feet and 6 inches. My current weight is 62 kilograms and want to lose 7 kilograms in a month. I am planning to join swimming classes(4 days per week for 2 hours). And exercise for 30 minutes each day. But the problem I face is that my metabolism rate is...

I have a seven month rottweiler and weight 74 pound is that a good weight. [ 1 Answers ]

What is a regular weight for a seven month rottweiler...

How to reduce weight in one month? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi am 27 yr old hight is 5.8'' weight 79 hw to reduce my weight give me an time sheet that I can follow

How to reduce weight in one month [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 19yrs old and a female I'm 65kg and 5'3 in height. How much weight should I loose to get a perfect and healhty body.

1 month later not gaining weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, For a little background my previous post on this kitty is here... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cats/what-we-missing-111059.html A month later and he is refusing to eat basically, though he is drinking a little. We have tried tuna, sardines, chicken, rice, potted meat, beef, iams dry...

View more questions Search