Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    little_tiger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2006, 04:36 AM
    Obsessed with weight
    I'm 23. And obsessed with the way I look. I weigh 150pounds and 5.5ft. I hate the way I look and I want to change myself all the time! About a year ago I weighed 260lbs and lost all of the weight. But still I want to drop even more weight! I am so obsessed with it that I am even using pills with d-Norphseudoephedrine in, have been using them for more than long enough now, but I just can't get off them. They make me forget everything, and I get so irritated when I use it. I don't want to take it anymore, but when I start to pick up a abit of weight I get all paranoid and start sticking my finger down my throat again (I had that problem 2 years ago to the extent that I lost 45lbs in a very short while and got horribly sick!! ) I don't know how to handle this anymore and I don't know what to do about it anymore... I am starting to ruin my body in an attempt to be "perfect"... (My parents, family, boyfriend, friends, everyone I know tells me I look great but still I hate that thing in the mirror!! I can't stand what it looks like!! ) Please help...
    Jott Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2007, 08:32 PM
    I am not sure this will help much, as it doesn't seem to make my girlfriend feel any better. If everyone tells you that you look great, believe them. Focus on eating healthy and exercising for the sake of your well being and forget about trying to meet some "perfect" ideal. Life is too short to worry about such things! Personally, I find many girls these days way too thin, and to me it isn't attractive at all. A healthy body is much more beautiful.

If you must lose weight, do it slowly. Losing weight too quickly is unhealthy can lead to a ton of problems. Any more than 1 or 2 lbs a week is too much.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2007, 10:03 PM
    You need at this point professional counseling, this is past an adiction and to a level that can be harmful. One needs to like thierself, and be happy with who they are. And have a honest real opinoni of thierself.
    unique Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by little_tiger
    I'm 23. and obsessed with the way I look. I weigh 150pounds and 5.5ft. I hate the way I look and I want to change myself all the time! About a year ago I weighed 260lbs and lost all of the weight. But still I want to drop even more weight! I am so obsessed with it that I am even using pills with d-Norphseudoephedrine in, have been using them for more than long enough now, but I just can't get off them. They make me forget everything, and I get so irritated when I use it. I dont want to take it anymore, but when I start to pick up a abit of weight I get all paranoid and start sticking my finger down my throat again (I had that problem 2 years ago to the extent that I lost 45lbs in a very short while and got horribly sick!!!) I dont know how to handle this anymore and I dont know what to do about it anymore... I am starting to ruin my body in an attempt to be "perfect"... (My parents, family, boyfriend, friends, everyone I know tells me I look great but still I hate that thing in the mirror!!! I can't stand what it looks like!!!) Please help...
    You first need to pray to god for help.Being obess with your weight at 150 is not healthy.It appears that your family, friends and boyfriend really love you enough to say you look good.Think about how they would feel if your continue hurting yourself by taking diet pills [when your already at a great weight] your detroying yourself and IM sure your family needs you.I congratulate you on your lost from 260 to now.You are a star just for bringing your weight down. I advise you to take control of yourself SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION. GOOD LUCK
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
    I'm 23. and obsessed with the way I look. I weigh 150pounds and 5.5ft. I hate the way I look and I want to change myself all the time! About a year ago I weighed 260lbs and lost all of the weight. But still I want to drop even more weight! I am so obsessed with it that I am even using pills with d-Norphseudoephedrine in, have been using them for more than long enough now, but I just can't get off them. They make me forget everything, and I get so irritated when I use it. I dont want to take it anymore, but when I start to pick up a abit of weight I get all paranoid and start sticking my finger down my throat again (I had that problem 2 years ago to the extent that I lost 45lbs in a very short while and got horribly sick!!!) I dont know how to handle this anymore and I dont know what to do about it anymore... I am starting to ruin my body in an attempt to be "perfect"... (My parents, family, boyfriend, friends, everyone I know tells me I look great but still I hate that thing in the mirror!!! I can't stand what it looks like!!!) Please help...
    You should if you can, see a doctor, you need to get off those pill, like yesterday. Any quick fix diet won't work, In 95% of the cases people gain back the weight. With rapid weight loss a large percentage of the loss will come from fluid losses which are easily regained after the diet. Fluid is lost from cells as the body burns off remaining carbs that have been stored in the muscles. The result is pounds of weight loss but only a few ounces of body fat actually burned. Stop eating fast foods, sugar laden or salt laden snacks, eat natural veggies, and fruits, low calorie foods, get off the colas or sweetned drinks, drinks lots of water, Eat lean cuts of meat, chicken, take the skin off, cut off excess fat on any meats, turkey or fish broiled or baked with olive oil or canola oil, Get rid of white flour products and use wheat breads, pastas and rice, Same with dairy products for for the 2% milk eat frozen yogurt if you get an ice cream urge. Smaller servings are a must to meals also. Really get familiar with what's in the foods you eat, check nutritional labels and stick by the one serving it recommends. Limit fats, saturated fats, transfats, cholestrol and sodium. The average women should maintain a 2000 calorie diet, reduce that by 500 calories and never more then 1000 calories. Check what you eat for a couple of days and then make changes in your bad habits. Exercise goes hand in hand with all of the above aerobics and weights for at least 30-60 minutes per session. Eat beans, peas, lentils, nuts seeds, and you'll see improvements in everything. There are no secrets to dieting no magic pills or formulas, and you don't have to invest big bucks in specially packaged meals, it takes good natural foods, veggies and fruits and some body training, you can do it, but please, throw out those pills there bad news for your mind and body health!:D
    Junior GP Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
    You need to see your own GP. You can loose weight without those pills. Some pills are addictive and it can become very hard to stop taking them.
    See your GP for help.
    moody Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
    First, see your doctor. Second, are you involved in a regular exercise regimen? If not, select an exercise program that you believe will work for you and work into it gradually on a regular basis. Third, let me compliment you on your tremendous achievement of losing over 100 pounds. Fourth, beyond the exercise program develop meaningful activities, hobbies, to occupy your time that you may devote to eating. Fifth, you can call it meditation, or whatever you want, but talk to yourself daily to gain strength in not overeating (use portion control). You can blow an entire effort if you don't steal yourself against "grazing" at a social event or eating everything on your plate at a restaurant or as a guest at someone's home.

Keep the faith.
    dark2lite Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2007, 12:25 PM
    I understand how you feel, I'm 5,5 tall and right now at 141 pounds. I understand how you feel because I'm not satisfyed with my weight. I used to be 132 then went up to 158 now I want to get to a normal 132 pounds again. So far I'm losing weight real slowly through not eating after 9pm. That was really big problem for me because I was a big night snacker and it just made me pile on the weight. Though the weight is coming off slowly, its actually staying off which is very important, and I don't drink pop either (empty calories) I don't really go to the gym because my body type just makes me gain too much muscle when I work out. Recently I've just completely started to hate the feeling of food in my stomach and being full. I like that empty feeling of not eating. Just wondering if you feel like this too.:(
    Nikkilane77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dark2lite
    I understand how you feel, i'm 5,5 tall and right now at 141 pounds. I understand how you feel cos I'm not satisfyed with my weight. I used to be 132 then went up to 158 now i wanna get to a normal 132 pounds again. So far i'm losing weight real slowly through not eating after 9pm. that was really big problem for me because i was a big night snacker n it just made me pile on the weight. Though the weight is coming off slowly, its actually staying off which is very important, and i dont drink pop either (empty calories) i dont really go to the gym cos my body type just makes me gain too much muscle when i work out. Recently i've just completly started to hate the feeling of food in my stomach and being full. I like that empty feeling of not eating. Just wondering if you feel like this too.:(

Hey you're not alone. I am 5,5 and 136. I am obsessed too. My boyfriend tells me YOUR FINE. He say Don't WORRY. I can't stop thinking if I over I eat I WILL end up the fat girlfriend. If I have that (food) I will BECOME FAT, or unhealthy. I have not been eating more than 400 cal a day. I count :( its sad.

I want help too. Everyone in here says talk to your doctor, BUT really If I don't believe I am thin enough or fir or beautiful. What are they going to do. I don't want to be on pills to make me think I am good enough. I just want to like me, for me. If I go to a they may say, its because you didn't have a dad (bull) or say... I don't know its in my head, have a pill.

I hate being repulsed every time I look at my naked body. I time I see every curve, every dimple, every... everything. It makes me SICK! I was given this body by god I want to be grateful. I want to appreciate it. I know I am a good weight. My bmi is 23.1 or close. I don't feel it. I want to

If this makes no sense to you. Sorry, I am just ranting. Don't know how else to show you you are not alone.
    sarahq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2010, 06:59 PM

I am obsessed with my weight as well. I am also 150 pounds and 5 foot 6. I used to weigh 165 pounds but I starved myself down to 140 pounds. I would love to be back down at 140 but I am struggling really hard. I am 19 years old and I have never been happy or satisfied with my body or the way I look, never. I can remember not going to school because to me, I looked fat. My peers would tease me and all of my friends were always skinnier than me. Not that it helps much, but my cousin, who's the same age as me, eats whatever she wants, never exercises and is superskinny and looks like a model. Not only that, but she has a great personaility to match. Ive been working out 6 days a week and eating moderately healthy for the past 3 weeks and I have only lost a couple pounds. I don't want to wait anymore. I want to have fun. I want to drink alcohol and enjoy my youth. I don't want to be a prisoner of this body any longer. I also have never had a boyfriend due to my serious self esteem issues. You're definitely not alone.
    lolabean234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 10:09 PM
    I have always been obsessed with my weight. It went away when I discovered alcohol at age 15 and replaced it with food. Now at 26 I am 5 months sober, in a program, and have gone back to obsessing about my weight again. I was 145 lbs at 5'4 (my heaviest) and dropped down to 118 lbs, which I am now. The smaller I get, the more I want to lose and while I never completely starve myself, I always feel hungry and I replace that with coffee and nicotine since I"m no longer drinking. Terrible! I also started working out obsessively, sometimes twice, three times a day. I try to take Sundays off and allow myself to binge but now I even have a hard time doing that bc I can't stand sitting still with all that food in my stomach.

I don't know if this is what you call an "eating disorder" exactly because I'm not eating less than 1200 calories a day and I'm not underweight, but it's definitely borderline ridiculous. I can totally relate. Today I had a few cookies and I feel DISGUSTING. It's all I can do right now not to rush to the bathroom and throw up-though I'm not going to.

I'm just an addictive person and though I'm SO glad the alcohol is gone, now I have this other addiction. Can addicts ever not be addicts? Jeez!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am obsessed about getting pregnant. [ 36 Answers ]

First I'll start by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and...

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Help... Obsessed and Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had this teacher that I have thought about everyday since I met her. No I'm not gay and I'm not attracted to her in a sexual way, but don't know why I can't stop thinking about her. I started dreaming about her and now its nothing new. She moved away about 9 months ago and I still...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search