Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acajkz Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2010, 06:16 PM
    Is it good to smoke cigaretts instead of cutting?
    So I cut and I want to stop. So I started to smoke and I have become not as depressed and stuff. Is that good or something? I really don't know
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2010, 01:58 AM

It is called replacement.

It is also called self treatment.

I smoke,have been for @30 years,I can't say don't do something that I do, I don't cut,never have.

You are replacing cutting with a different outlet,that in itself isn't terribly wrong,What I would ask is,eventually,smoking will be needed to be replaced with something else,maybe something healthy, walking,jogging,tennis,woodworking,cooking, replacements can be temporary or permanent,they can be for the good,like cooking/etc,or for the not so good,smoking,

How long you chose to continue is entirely up to you, problem is you need to find the reason you cut in the first place,smoking is only a mask with which you are covering the same issue that cutting was needed for.

Make sense?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2010, 04:01 AM

OK, smoking is a lot better than cutting since the danger to you is less and it is much more socially acceptable.

So if it is a choice, of course smoking

But you are not addressing the issues and the problems that is causing this, which needs to be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke detector doesn't detect smoke [ 3 Answers ]

I have two smoke detectors. Good batteries and when I push the test button the alarm works. But I just filled the house with smoke from an unwatched pot on the stove. Neither smoke detector alarmed. I assume they are defective. But how common is this? And if the test button doesn't reliably...

1999 Toyota Duet Smoke excessive smoke emission [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have problem with too much emission of smoke. Even more excessive smoke in the morning. Can't even see anyone around the vehicle!! Took it to toyota for diagnostics they discovered valve seal leaked and oil dropping on top of number 1 piston. Have changed the valve seals but still same...

How do you explain to someone that it is not a good idea to smoke cigarettes when you [ 1 Answers ]

My genius boyfriend doesn't understand why he will be sick with a sore throat for weeks at a time. He loads up on all kinds of medicine but turns around and smokes. He says he still smokes because the menthol helps, it soothes your throat, it's found in cough drops. Yeah menthol masks the...

Craftsman riding lawnmower cutting off in middle of cutting grass [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman Riding lawnmower is cutting off in middle of cutting grass and then start it back it will cut for awhile then do again. Does sound like it isn't getting gas. Can some on help.

Wanted a good smoke and co detector [ 1 Answers ]

I would like a good smoke and carbon monoxide detector. My problem is that I want to replace the smoke detector that I have which are hard wired or rather plug in. I have no problem finding the battery powered versions but can't find any to plug in. Any suggestions? Also is the plug in version...

View more questions Search