Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    north_gal Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2010, 09:36 AM
    I'm 13, a virgin ,no period but for a couple of months I've had brown discharge.
    Is there anything wrong with me ?
    dazedandconfused2010 Posts: 22, Reputation: 6

Mar 16, 2010, 12:53 AM

I have the same problem sometimes and I'm 23. When your blood is brown and it doesn't have the same consistency, its because its old blood. As long as your not having sex, you should generally be OK and not have to worry.

However, if it is bothering you or anything is hurting anywhere, even when you have your period, don't hesitate to ask someone to take you to see the gynocologist. And they have women gynocologist to make you feel more comforatable about going. It did me.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2010, 01:49 AM

It may be nothing, but if its been going on for a while now its best to see a dr just to be sure. Your reproductive health is not something you want to neglect.
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Mar 24, 2010, 11:08 AM

I wouldn't worry too much. Its probably just your body preparing for your cylce to start. It would be agood idea to speak to someone you trut though so they can put your mind at rest
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2010, 11:19 AM

I have to disagree posey with one thing you said. Speaking just to someone they trust to put there mind at ease may not be the best thing. Yeah, mom or an aunt might be able to put their mind at ease. But what if the person they trust has no medical background and there is a serious underlying health condition going on here? It probably is nothing, but why risk it? I still think checking in with a dr just to make sure nothing is wrong is the best way to go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've had a period that has lasted 2 months and is still going what can cause that? [ 3 Answers ]

I've had a period that started on the 29th June and has gone steady every since. I've had a few days were ill stop for almost a day and bleed heavy again but its been constant I haven't had a full 24 hr break and I'm still bleeding what can be the cause of that?

Brown Discharge a week before period, then brown discharge at time of period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on Yaz birth control and because of a different medicine I take they say the effectiveness of the birth control may be compromised (they don't know how much) so I always make sure to use a condom in addition to the birthcontrol. I never miss a pill and take them regularly...

Spotting and brown discharge; virgin [ 3 Answers ]

I made a similar topic before, but some things have changed since. I'm still a virgin, still 16, and right now I should be in the middle of my cycle. I'm experiencing spotting and brown discharge right now. I had the same spotting and brown discharge instead of periods the last two times. I'm...

No period for 4 months, now brown discharge [ 1 Answers ]

First, I'm almost 22 years old. I am sexually active with only one partner. I am not on any type of birth control, but we do use condoms. I have a history of irregular periods, and I skip periods. However, this absence is starting to worry me. My last period ended June 26 so it's been four months...

View more questions Search