Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenora26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 07:58 AM
    What makes my 16 year old grandson not talk to me
    We have doted on our grandson all his life, giving him everything we could give him that we could afford and spending as much time as his mother would allow us to spend with him. He loved to be with us and his mother used to punish him by grounding him and keeping him from seeing us. We finally had to go to court in order to see him and everything was fine until he hit 15. Then things started to change. He started making excuses to keep from seeing us and his father (our son). Then came the outright denial. Now he won't even take our calls and doesn't even want his mother or step father to talk to us. What did we do wrong? Does he hate us? How can we remedy this situation. We have tried to call and send e-mails and they are just ignored. I think he is being extremely disrespectful and I just don't know what to do. I really need some help and advice.
    suhari Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2010, 08:46 AM

More refreshing time with your grandson please! :-)
    Lenora26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 09:13 AM

I don't understand this answer.

Feb 18, 2010, 09:13 PM

Sorry, maybe its better for you to go someone at your place (e.g wiser man)... so could give some meaningful advise.. related topic.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 10:00 PM

Lenora, there could be a million things going on. Sounds like things haven't always been so smooth between you and his mother, you mentioned having to go to court to be able to see him. I hate to say it, but maybe she's said things to turn him against you? Or, a lots going on at 15. I'm sure you remember when you were 15. Hanging out with friends might seem a lot more appealing to him than hanging out with his grandparents. Hopefully its just a phase and he'll come around. There's not much you can do to make him see you or return your calls. Maybe just a nice card or an email every now and then to let him know you love him and will be there for him is best for the time being.

Feb 18, 2010, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    Lenora, there could be a million things going on. sounds like things haven't always been so smooth between you and his mother, you mentioned having to go to court to be able to see him. i hate to say it, but maybe she's said things to turn him against you? or, a lots going on at 15. i'm sure you remember when you were 15. hanging out with friends might seem a lot more appealing to him than hanging out with his grandparents. hopefully its just a phase and he'll come around. there's not much you can do to make him see you or return your calls. maybe just a nice card or an email every now and then to let him know you love him and will be there for him is best for the time being.
    Very touchful... :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter won't talk with me, and excluding me from my grandson [ 3 Answers ]

I raised my two beautiful daughters on my own until they were in first grade. They have always been the center of my universe. Now yy 21 year old daughter has decided that she does not need to communicate with me, I understand the "Making my own decisions, finding out who I am, let me figure it...

11 year old grandson wants us to adopt him [ 5 Answers ]

We have had parental responsibility for our granddson for nearly 10 years, he wants us to adopt him so that as in his words 'there's a part of me missing I need to totally belong to you' His mother sees him occasionaly about twice a year and now has two more children, her two others have been...

My 2 year old grandson can't talk [ 5 Answers ]

My grandson who lives with me can communicate with you like bring you a glass if he is thirsty or go to the refrigerator when he is hungry or even at the store he will listen to you when I tell him no or come this way and also a lot other things like I will say bath time he will run and get in the...

Concerned about three-year-old grandson [ 1 Answers ]

I am quite concerned about my three-year-old grandson. He does not speak very well. I cannot understand a lot of what he says. He repeats certain phrases constantly, such as what color do you like or what shape do you like (can be said 20 to 30 times in a row). He does not understand a lot that...

7 year old grandson [ 5 Answers ]

Our 7 year old grandson is having problems remembering even the smallest of things. I tell him to go upstairs and get his shoes, by the time he's to the top of the stairs , he forgets and will cry. I had him in catholic kindergarten last year and the teacher called time after time and wanted us...

View more questions Search