Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worriedgirl123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:03 AM
    Pubic hair
    I'm 14 years old and I always shave my pubic hair,
    But once I shave it when it starts to grow back it is very prickly and when I try to shave it off it hurts really bad,
    I don't want to try waxing is there anything else I can do?
    Please wright back soon,

worriedgirl123, xx
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 09:07 AM

I don't shave anymore, I use a depilatory to remove pubic hair. In answer to your concern, the razor is not sharp enough that's why it irritates your skin. I have to ask though, why at l4 do you shave your pubic area ?

Nothing wrong with waxing.

Tick
    worriedgirl123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:18 AM
    So if I just get a sharper razor it wount hurt?

Thank you,

Xx
    tigerlil79 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:42 AM

Im in seventh grade and shave mine too! I shave with the hairs instead of against them! It won't hurt anymore!
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worriedgirl123 View Post
    so if i just get a sharper razor it wount hurt?

thank you,,

xx
    If you are using a good disposable woman's razor, only use once for sure. They dull really quickly, so you need a new sharp one each time. You will have a better finish to your pubic skin, though, if you use a depilatory.

Tick
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    if you are using a good disposable woman's razor, only use once for sure. They dull really quickly, so you need a new sharp one each time. You will have a better finish to your pubic skin, though, if you use a depilatory.

tick
    What is a depilatory?
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Feb 16, 2010, 05:02 PM

You could try using a better razor. Venus is pretty good. I recommend getting one that has cartridges that you can change. I've always found disposable razors to be a bit harsh.

Another thing you could try is shaving your hair in the direction of growth instead of against it. One other thing that works well with shaving is hair conditioner. It makes the hairs a lot softer and easier to shave.
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxEmOxXxPrInCeSsxXx View Post
    what is a depilatory?
    Hi emo. Its like Neet hair remover you use on legs only they make it for bikini lines too. Google it to understand what it is.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic Hair [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry this is proably not even classed as a women's health type questiuon but I am new to this site and was very clueless on how to work it so I deicded to just write it under this section anywayz I come on here to ask. Has anyone ever just decided to trim there pubic hair with the scissors? I did...

Pubic Hair [ 11 Answers ]

Do guys prefer everything shaved or just trimming?

Pubic Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Ok. So I have had sex with 2 girls and they are both were virgins. But I have these little bumps where my pubic hairs come out on my sac. Is this normal? And there are also some at the base of my penis but no hair coming out. Is this normal? Nothing is sore and I have an occasional itch but I'm...

Pubic hair [ 3 Answers ]

I trimmed my pubic hair last night and today it itches really bad... I didn't go to short because I didn't know how short was to short. I was wondering if I do go shorter will it itch more or should I let it grow out a bit to get the itching to stop, if so what can I do till then to make it...

Pubic hair [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and were their was once black pubic hair it is now turning white from the ball sack upwards I do not understand this and it is highly annoying and it would be deeply embarrassing if I was to get with a girl well the pubic hair was once black then all of a sudden it started turning...

View more questions Search