Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Feb 14, 2010, 05:18 PM
    My baby having rsv
    OK my baby had rsv about 4 weeks ago is it possible for him to get it again this fast? He has the same cough and its starting to worry me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 05:58 PM

Respiratory tract infections are a common occurrence in warmer climates and not as prevalent in our climate, but can be quite serious. The only treatment is apparently oxygen. If he is having a re-occurrence I would not hesitate to take him to the hospital, or your pediatrician, or doctor, whichever comes first.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 06:04 PM
    If you are worried about the health of your baby always consult your health care provider. Please do not come to a website for advice regarding something as serious as RSV and children.

RSV is very common in the winter months.

You can do some research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. I have provided a link.

CDC - RSV: Homepage

Feb 14, 2010, 06:09 PM

No I will be taking him to the dr in the morning I was just simply asking if it was possible to get it again and if so that fast?
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 06:14 PM
    If it never went away completely it is possible that it reared its ugly head again.

Feb 14, 2010, 06:16 PM

By the way I wouldn't risk my sons life by asking advice on a website I was just wondering. Im a very paranoid mommy. I'm sure I've already paid for a years salary for someone in that office between my kids. But thank you for the info
    Expert

Feb 14, 2010, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angel0772001 View Post
    btw i wouldnt risk my sons life by asking advice on a website
    Many people do though, so we have to cover our bases and use that as a common response. You would be surprised the questions we get!

Feb 14, 2010, 06:32 PM

Oh I'm sure. People are crazy but I just thought I would put that in. Ive had so much happen to my first daughter that I wouldn't want the same to happen to my son.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Non-married HSMP visa holder expecting baby.will the baby have UK citizenship ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello.. any advice will be appreciated. I am currently in the UK on the HSMP visa and in 2012 can apply for indefinite leave to remain and then citizenship. I am pregnant with my first child and am estranged from the father who is a UK citizen. We are not married. Will my child be a UK citizen...

Ooh baby baby? The song/beat Timberland copied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for taking time on this, I've been trying to search for the name of the song that Timbaland remade, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere, Its like the songs been erased from existence. It was an old school American techno rap beat with ladies singing "Ooh baby baby" If...

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

My 3 month old has RSV. [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 month old son was diagnosed with RSV today. I read what it is, and what it is caused by. I am just curious... has anyone else's children had this? What was the outcome?

View more questions Search