Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megan-ni-colla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 12:02 PM
    How do I tell my mum that I might be depressed
    I'm 13 years old and I think I'm depressed I don't know how to tell my mum I've been thinking about committing suicide but I never do it I'm always felling sad and tired but sometimes I'm really happy and restless and I find it hard to get to sleep concentrate I feel like crying all the time I don't like most of the things I used to and my like to be left alone a lot I thinks I'm depressed but I'm not sure
    If I am how do I tell my mum :(:(:(:(:(
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2009, 01:05 PM

If you feel sad sometimes, and really happy other times you could be bipolar instead of depressed. I had depression a little over a year ago, I was NEVER happy, instead, I sat in my room all day. Depression feels very hopeless.
    All you have to do is tell your mom what's going on. Say something along these lines,
    "mom, I get really upset and sad, and then I'm all of a sudden happy, do you think I could have depression, or be bipolar? Is there anything we can do to make it better?"
    Depression is caused by an imbalance of chemicals in your brain, sometimes simply doing something that is sure to make you laugh will turn things around, sometimes just changing your circumstances- like making things right with your boyfriend, forgiving someone you're holding a grudge against, or opening up about something you're hiding can erase those depressed feelings.
    More often than not, you will get prescribed medicines that help balance the chemicals in your brain. If you do get medicine prescribed to you and it doesn't work, make sure that you let a doctor know- not all medicines work for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

I think I am depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I think I am depressed but I am afraid to get anti-depression medication because I don't know for sure, I don't want to take medication if I am only sad. I don't feel like I have anybody to talk to. I broke up with my girlfriend about 4 months ago because all we were doing was having sex all...

Am I Depressed? [ 3 Answers ]

I always feel like I need to cry, Im starting to get insecure about myself and my relationship. Sometimes I can be really happy then just sad again. I have a lot of things on my mind, things have have upset me in the past, I just can't get them out of my head, they are always there pulling me back...

Is he depressed [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend just ended our relationship a few days after telling me he was unsure of how he felt. Everything suggested that he was reaching out so I decided to open up and tell him why I am sometimes protective of my feelings -which included a nasty incident where I was assaulted last year. A few...

View more questions Search