Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pidorasou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 12:45 AM
    How can I get taller

Hello! Now I'm 16 year's old and my heigh is only 1.62m. I want to ask u ''how can I get tall without medicine?''.
    SoLostPlzHelp Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 08:20 PM

You would just have to wait for your body to grow. There is no possible way for you to become taller. Sorry to say it. Your genes have everything to do with your height and if your parents are tall people then you most likely won't be either
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 08:50 PM

You aren't done growing yet, so don't worry too much. As for help with growing, I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about that. Like SoLost said, it's in you genes and there's a limit.

Don't be so concerned about your height, it really doesn't matter that much, really. :)

Good luck.
    pilgrimstacker Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2008, 09:05 PM

Hi Pidorasou you say you are 1.62meters in height. That's about 4'7"s. I used to pray to God every night before I went to sleep, "God Make Me Grow". I was always the shortest in the class. I weighed 40 lbs when I was 6 years old. I discovered in my teens that I had a Pituitary gland deficiency. My parents were average height. Through extensive hormone level testing I was put on Human Growth Hormone injections. Three times a week I got to moon the nurse (smile). I took these for about 2 years. I was about just under 5 feet tall. It took some time but I did gain inches. I am now a proud 5' 4 & a half inches tall. People that saw me grow up say that I grew after I was grown. Getting back to you. You need to determine your life factors. How tall are your parents? If your Mom & Dad are short you will be too. Have you shown signs of under or slow physical development, in comparison with your peers? If so then I suggest going to an Endocrinologists to check your hormonal levels. Even now at 57 years of age I am on Testosterone the male hormone, Thyroid and Cortisone supplements. My Dr. talks about putting me on Synthetic Growth Hormone to give me all that my body can't. You say that you don't want to gain height from medicines. I know where you are coming from but you must check out the benefit in relationship to any adverse reactions. There are non medical solutions to give you an inch or two. You can buy elevators. They are insoles that you slip in your shoes for a few more inches. There is a surgical procedure where repeated breaking, stretching and mending of the bones in the legs are carried out over a period but its painful and costly. You may have to do what I did until my height came and that is to accept & love yourself and know that God made you and God does not make errors. He may have wanted you to go through this as I did to help & share with others. We have a saying in ministry that goes like this. Your Misery Will Be Your Ministry. I wish you the best and know that God loves you.
    Signed Shorty, Half Pint, Too Tall, Lil Bit,, all of the names they USED to call me. Bye
    trevorarely Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Well you still have some time to grow. If you want more information on height increase programs check out this site:
    Top Height Increase Programs - How To Grow Taller And Increase Your Height Permanently
    worldlymarket Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2009, 07:17 PM

Hi there,

I came across a program called Grow Taller for Idiots. It taught me that the condition of our spine will affect our height (as much as 2 – 6 inches) which is around 35% of our total height – it provides you with an exercise and diet plan that really works, I recommend this to anyone who feels short and wants to grow NATURALLY. I took the diet and actually grew a whole inch in 6 weeks. For more info go to How Do I Grow Taller.com - believe me its great!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 17, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worldlymarket View Post
    Hi there,

I came across a program called Grow Taller for Idiots. It taught me that the condition of our spine will affect our height (as much as 2 – 6 inches) which is around 35% of our total height – it provides you with an exercise and diet plan that really works, I recommend this to anyone who feels short and wants to grow NATURALLY. I took the diet and actually grew a whole inch in 6 weeks. For more info go to How Do I Grow Taller.com - believe me its great!
    Worldymarket, I see that you're new, sometimes people that don't know how the site works make this mistake, so I'm just here to point it out. If you check on the top of the page you'll see that this thread was started in September and that the original poster hasn't been back since then.

We try not to reopen old threads, it can get confusing, and it bumps the thread up to the beginning so that people think that it's a new question.

It's great that you're looking at old threads, a lot of answers there, and if you're looking for something specific it's a great place to start, but reopening an old thread isn't advised.

Other than that, good info and welcome to the site. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

I want to get taller [ 10 Answers ]

I really want to get taller! I'm 5 feet tall, 16 years old... I've been doing a lot of research on pills mainly bcause I really don't like shots... I talked to my pediatrician and said that considering the date I got my first period it is very hard that I might grow up a couple more inches and...

I want to be taller [ 11 Answers ]

So my dad's 5'11 and my mom's 5'1. I'm a male and about 5'7 and 1/2 and 16. I'm wondering if I will ever reach 6 foot. Any answers?

Can I become more taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am 25 years old and my height is 5'2". My father is also 5'2" in height. My mother is 5'4" tall and my younger sister who is only 16 years old is already 5'7" tall. I wish to know the reason for me being short and whether I can grow taller than my sister. I have always seen...

Is he going to get any taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. This may be a strange question, but Im curious. You may not even be able to answer it. So here it goes... Me and my boyfriend are both 15. Im 5'6 1/2 And he is 6'4" He is almost a foot taller then me. Do you think he will get any taller? Its not a growth spurt or anything.

View more questions Search