Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ryan-o Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Bedwetting teen
    I am 13 years old and for the last two weeks I have been wetting the bed every night, I spray axe all in my room to hide the smell but my mom is getting suspicious and I'm scared to tell her, What should I do and if I tell her how should I tell her :(
    ricky0604fh Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

Aug 21, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Well it could be anything from puberty, to stress...
    Its nothing to be ashamed of, you can't help it so why be ashamed. Its like saying a baby should be sad it pooped in its diaper. Just ease it into a conversation, start it by talking about the smell and then tell her. She is your mom she should understand and be supportive.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 21, 2008, 09:23 PM
    You should probably tell your mom if it continues because it could be serious. Only give it another week max. I think its better to be embarrassed than to have a surgery or something
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2008, 10:36 PM
    I agree with the answers above, except for spending anymore time waiting to see if the problem will stop. Also, I would like to add that if this might be a medical condition where you actually may need some immediate attention to correct it because of something physical that is going on, then it would be best to be letting someone know who can get you to a doctor for the proper diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Ryan-O,

Has there been any change in your immediate environment? Like a new member in the family?or change of residence(home)?

Your bed wetting could be related to any other event happening at the moment that is causing you stress or anxiety.

My advise would be to discuss with your mom,
    As Clough mentioned it could be a medical condition and might not go away on its own.
    Even if it is not a medical condition,your mom needs to know if you have any other problems which is the cause of the bed wetting and you need all the support you can get at a time like this.

Keep us posted.

EDIT:: About telling your mom, you will know best the right approach as you know her well and we don't.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 21, 2008, 11:58 PM
    Sweetie, it happens, don't be so hard on yourself. It could be medical, so like others have told you, you need to see a doctor. Your mom loves you, she won't look down on you, tell her. I have a feeling that once you do you'll feel allot better about everything.

This needs to be looked at by a doctor asap, if it is a medical condition, the sooner it's diagnosed the better. If it's not a medical condition then the doctor and your mom can stear you in the right direction to find out what's going on.

Good luck.
    SammyWammy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 01:27 AM

I had the same problem but after a few weeks it went away
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 02:32 PM

Definitley speak to your mum... you could have a medical problem, which needs to be sorted out.

It may be a bladder infection which is easily sorted with a coarse of anti-biotics, please don't suffer in silence, this will make you more anxious which is likely to make the bladder more sensitive to going more often.

A visit to the doctor will sort it out, just take along a water sample and he will test it or maybe send it off to be tested in the hospital.

Don't worry your not the only one with this problem... go see your Doctor
    SammyWammy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 12:26 AM

I have the same problem and the doctor thinks it connected to a mental proplem
    wildfire333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Tell your mom ! It is nothing to be ashamed of.. it could possibly be a sleep disorder called enuresis. There is medicine that may help..
    Morgans on dah Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 12:37 PM

I'm a 15 yr. old girl who went through the same thing. I had it my whole life though and it didn't stop unitl I had my mom take me to the doctor and started taking 3 tablets at bedtime. (which is what he prescribed me) after a couple months I was able to stop taking them and it hasen't happened since. Talk to your mom about, have her take you to the doctor, and hopefully you won't have the problem anymore.
    MOTOx977 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 10:22 PM
    Hey bud... I'm 17 and I just wet the bed for the second night in a row. My mom understands but still makes me wash my stuff. Lol. But if you tell her and make her believe that you want to fix the problem, then ask your doctor, or just look it up online. It's becoming less frequent for me. Like once or twice per month now. What I do is drink less fluids two hours before bedtime and try to wake up at night. It's working for me, see what It does for you.
    saralynnn2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 11:06 AM

I'm a mom of a bedwetter. First, she probably already knows what happened. Second, its no big deal. She probably doesn't want to bring it up so you don't feel bad but if you're concerned then just ask her to make you an appointment to check for a bladder infection. Its valid and easier to ask :) Also, I notice with my son that he does it when he's REALLY tired. He sleeps like a rock and when he's overtired he gets SO relaxed... I have also heard that when teens who are in a major growth spurt, the bladder grows and adjusts last so it tends to happen more in boys who are newly tall. Hope this helps hun.
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2010, 02:01 AM
    Just so everyone knows who continues to post on this thread...

It's now old and archived, so it's not generally visible unless someone happens to visit this forum topic area, or has received a notification that there is activity on it because they've already posted on it.

If you have a separate question or want what you post to be currently visible to others on a daily basis, please start a new thread. If you do that, you're question or comments will get the best exposure.

Thanks!
    MYDEARFRIEND Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2010, 04:56 PM

Well you might be drinking too much water or sodas [coke] and if you don't empty your bladder before bed you could end up wetting the bed..

Also you might have a weak bladder and you will need to train it to hold your urine until you need to urinate again.. you will need to see a doctor to find out more about your problem..
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 05:50 PM
    Just so everyone knows who continues to post on this thread...

It's now old and archived, so it's not generally visible unless someone happens to visit this forum topic area, or has received a notification that there is activity on it because they've already posted on it.

If you have a separate question or want what you post to be currently visible to others on a daily basis, please start a new thread. If you do that, your question or comments will get the best exposure.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen Sex! [ 57 Answers ]

At what age to you think it is appropriate for teenagers to date? At what age to you think it is appropriate for teenagers to have sex? Why and Why not?

Pre-teen and ocd [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My son is 12 years old (will be 13 in Feb 2008). We had a recent move across the state and he has developed mild ocd (obsessive compulsive disorder) symptoms such as frequent hand washing. I feel that this is in response to the move and also have read that the ages between 10 - 12 are when a...

Teen Sex? [ 35 Answers ]

I've been reading posts and answers from this website and realized many teens are having sex! I go to a public school in Canada and I'm in my second-last year of high school and the thought of sex at this age really scares me. It's the same with my friends, we would get creeped out if we found out...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of diets and exercises and she do? She is now a cheerleander and is scared about fitting into a unaform. What do you think could help.

View more questions Search