Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addicted2dramatics Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
    14 year old with cancer?
    My friends is really worried about her health. She thinks that she has brest cancer. I told her that she probably did not because she is only 14. She says that she can feel a small lump and that she has many bumps on her nipple. Any advice for what to tell her?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted2dramatics
    My friends is really worried about her health. She thinks that she has brest cancer. I told her that she probably did not because she is only 14. She says that she can feel a small lump and that she has many bumps on her nipple. Any advice for what to tell her?
    Tell her to see her doctor as soon as she can. The earlier, the better.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
    This is all very normal in the developing breast tissue. All young women have this feeling as the breasts are developing.

This is what is known as the "budding phase" of breast development.

One question though. Does she have a family history of breast cancer?
    addicted2dramatics Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 11:05 AM
    She doesn't have a history but she is a C so she isn't just starting to grow.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 29, 2007, 11:13 AM
    She is 14, so the risk of breast cancer without familial ties is very low.

Again, she is 14 and still considered in the "budding phase" of breast development.

As a breast cancer survivor myself, and the mother of a 13 year old girl, I can tell you that 1) breast cancer rarely develops in both breasts at the same time, especially in a girl of that age with no family history, and 2) breast development continues until lactation (milk after having a baby).

She is most likely still developing and may have rather pendulous breasts when she is older.

If she is frightened, or concerned, the only one who can relieve her concerns would be her doctor with a proper examination.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent increase percentage cap for New jersey year to year [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am signing a lease for another year with my landlord but he wants to increase the rent 15% for the new year. Is there a cap on the increase for raising rent. This is for a house, not an apartment. Thanks!

Full year resident alien part year treaty [ 1 Answers ]

My country has a tax treaty with US. I came on J1 visa in September 2005 and got the benefit of the tax treaty till August 2007. And since September 2007 my taxes are being with held. I am considered as full year resident alien since Januarary 2007. Which tax form I need to fill up and where to...

Calendar Year or Fiscal Year for H1b Visa Holders? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would be going to the US on an H1B, accompanied with my wife and two kids (all on H4). Tax experts could you please answer the following doubts of mine: 1. For individuals on H1B, the only selection of tax year is a calendar tax year, right? 2. If I reach US somewhere on Oct 1 2007, I...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

View more questions Search