Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animedude09 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 22, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Weird Thoughts.
    Ok so you have probably seen my ask another question here, but I have another. As I was entering puberty I was noticing girls as normal. But whenever I had the gawking sensation to look at the female anatomy, I tried to stop myself. So later on I noticed that I started seeing the same way when I see men. I don't know if this is a normal occurrence or what? The thing is, is that I get an erection when I see a guy with his shirt off, but then I do also with a female. I could/want to have relationships with females, completely. I am not homophobic or anything, but my question is, is that is it normal to have those sensations/phases to desire the same sex while going through puberty?
    Nickyblinks Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Its probably normal because of your hormones. If you think your straight then you are
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2007, 10:19 PM
    I think I have read books on puberty and what effects it has on each individual.

I have even heard it is normal for one to experiment with both sexes. It is a way of discovering yourself during puberty.

So, honestly I would not worry about your thoughts too much, and too know that you dig girls and know that you want to be with girls only. I think you know exactly what you want.

So, I believe it is just a phase.

Joe
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:22 PM
    1. Perfectly normal. The production of female and male hormones at different levels modifies your brain chemistry in strange ways around puberty.

2. Getting an erection is a combination of things some controllable some uncontrollable, this does not make you gay-it means you have erections. Stop worrying.
    slikmix2000 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
    It is entirely normal to find someone of the same sex attractive or normal, I see attractive women all the time and I accept that I find them attractive, I am not a lesbian or am bi but I have friends who are and I wouldn't care if after a while I was as well. If u don't dwell on it and accept that someguys can turn you on then its OK, if you later find that you are bi or gay its OK your friends and family may be skeptical but when they see you are the same person just with a different sexual preference than its no big deal. I hope that you figure out what you want and what you like.

Good luck
    Slikmix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just want your thoughts! [ 66 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Most of you know me pretty well by now, others won't. I'm sure you know how to get my story if need be. Anyway I just wanted to ask you all your thoughts on somehting that I have been thinking about the last couple of days. I have been going along great since the break up with...

In my thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

About 20 years ago I had a short, but very intense relationship with a man who I knew would be moving in a couple of months. He said once that I was like the girl in the movie "Bladerunner" because I was willing to become attached to him even though I knew that he would be leaving and he thought...

Some Thoughts to Consider [ 2 Answers ]

Received in a recent email. Here are a few things to think about that you probably have never thought about; Can you cry under water? How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered? Why do you have to "put your two cents in".....

Second thoughts [ 19 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm eighteen, I have no support from my family, I don't have a decent job, I don't have a steady, or stable home, and I'm eight months pregnant. I already picked out a nice family that will be able to spoil him, and give him everything he'll ever need. So what's the problem...

View more questions Search