Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FireClover Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
    I want to get taller
    I really want to get taller! I'm 5 feet tall, 16 years old... I've been doing a lot of research on pills mainly bcause I really don't like shots... I talked to my pediatrician and said that considering the date I got my first period it is very hard that I might grow up a couple more inches and there would be danger of some kind of deformation (like my hands and feet growing desproportionally, or my nose and jaw growing) which I definitely don't want! So if anyone has a real testimony on growing at least 2 inches using some kind of pills please tell me!! :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Pills to grow? No way, they don't work and are a waste of your money, not to mention the possible health hazards. While you may grow a couple of more inches, there is nothing wrong with being petite.

Learn to love yourself for who you are, not what you are or are not. Haven't you ever heard the saying "It's not the size of the package, but what's inside?"

Be a wonderful person and you will be bigger than most people I know.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Growth hormones can cause problems. They have to do bone density tests as well as other tests to see what is best to help you grow. They are mainly for kids that have serious growth deficiencies rather than to grow taller because you want to be a certain height. It is more trouble than it is worth. My son had to go through shots, appointments, tests constantly for 10 years because he quit growing at 3 feet tall and was 7 years old.
    Also you could end up being taller than you want and hating it more than being shorter than you want.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 05:54 PM
    They are also not used passed a certain age. As the OP has already reached and passed puberty, the growth hormones are contraindicated.

There are many reasons that the growth hormones are used, but not just to gain a couple of inches. There can be some serious side effects. Did you know that a person who has used growth hormones is not eligible to be an organ donor?
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Nov 24, 2007, 12:26 AM
    There was another thread on this forum about "Height Enhancement Pills" that I responded to weeks ago. See if you can find it in the forum search. It may prove useful.

Usually, such pills are unregulated herbal concoctions that stimulate the body's production of Human Growth Hormone. There is a reason that HGH as a drug is regulated to the point of having to be prescribed by a doctor.

Don't let the word "herbal" or "natural" fool you... it's dangerous to mess with hormone production unless your doctor prescribes it.

I agree with both the posters above me.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Nov 24, 2007, 03:11 AM
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"... ever heard that one? I am a 6' female... it's not always fun being a "jolly green giant". Clothes are harder to find for tall people. I know you said a couple of inches, but the point is you need to like yourself the way you are. Imagine you grow 2", those clothes you have now may not look the same. You may meet the guy of your dreams, but guess what... now you're taller than him... you never know.

Take J_9's and Nohelp's advice... they know what they are talking about.
    phil_stl Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Dec 15, 2007, 02:23 AM
    I've done stretching exercises and taken multi-vitamins and glutamine for a month and grew an inch.

The online pills are scams for overpriced multi-vitamins.

Check out growtallforum.com and read up on natural ways to grow, pills and needles aren't always safe.
    dsfsdf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
    You're not small. You're travel sized. You can go anywhere be anyone :)
    AbovenBeyond Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
    If you're a girl you shouldn't ever be worried about height (unless your SERIOUSLY short, like dwarfism)! I seriously like small girls, I don't know why, I guess their so cute and squeezable hahaa, but seriously they're a lot more hug-able and just plain cuter than tall girls. Short girls are also more meaty and plumb which to me is better than tall bony or long legged girls!
    AbovenBeyond Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Comment on phil_stl's post
    You should message me about what stretches you do and how much glutamine you take! I've also been tryinna grow a couple inches.

:) So message me
    blackbird921 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 08:44 PM
    While I think biologically you cannot change your height, you can get products to enhance your height just like women do. Women wear high heels. The men's version of this would be insoles. I discovered this site that sells insoles that will make you 2 inches taller. Check them out at: https://www.altosoles.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

Any ideas or exercises to grow taller [ 34 Answers ]

I'm 5.3 I want to be at least 5.6 or 5.5 does anyone know any special exercises or foods used to reach that to grow tall. Please help thanks any advice would be useful also just a quick question about growing does alcohol make your growing stop.

Is he going to get any taller? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. This may be a strange question, but Im curious. You may not even be able to answer it. So here it goes... Me and my boyfriend are both 15. Im 5'6 1/2 And he is 6'4" He is almost a foot taller then me. Do you think he will get any taller? Its not a growth spurt or anything.

View more questions Search