Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yenty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Predicting Chemical Equations
    Hi... I am in desperate need of help on some of these equations!

For each of the following questions, classify the reaction type and predict the balanced chemical equation. Provide a word equation as well.

#4. A strip of zinc metal is placed into a copper(II) nitrate solution.

#5. BaCl2(aq)+Na2SO4(aq)-->

#6. Sulfuric Acid is neutralizd by aqueous sodium hydroxide

#7. _____________________-->CuS(s)+NaCH3Coo(aq)

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Do you have any thoughts?

#6 is obviously neutralization (says so in the question) - you should know the reaction for acid + base

#4 looks like displacement (you need to check you reactivity series of metals to make sure zinc is more reactive than copper)

Let me know your thoughts :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite equations as balanced chemical equations [ 8 Answers ]

Magnesium chloride yield sulfur dioxide Calcium carbonate yields calcium oxide plus carbon dioxide Nitrogen plus hygrogen yield ammonia Hydrochloric acid plus sodium hydroxide yield sodium chloride plus water

Predicting Products of a chemical equation [ 3 Answers ]

Um I'm not sure how to predict the products like for Ag+ClO:)

Predicting Chemical Reactions help [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I really need help predicting these chemical reactions. First of all, how do you know when 2 reactants are going to undergo synthesis? I need help predicting the products of the following reactions and determining which of the five reactions they undergo, double replacement, single replacement,...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search