Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 12:15 PM
    I work in MASS but live in NYC - do I have to pay MASS tax?
    I live NYC but work in MASS most of the time. Do I have to have Mass taxes withheld?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 2, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Yes, plus you need to have NYC taxes withheld as well.

You are liable for Massachusetts state income tax because you work in Massachusetts. You are also liable for NYC and NY state income taxes because that is where you live, but NY state will give you a credit for the Massachusetts taxes paid.

No credit on the NYC income tax, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mass of air [ 3 Answers ]

The mass of 1 m" of dry air at standard temperature and pressure is 1.29 kg; therefore the mass of dry air in a room 8 x 6 x 4 m, at an atmospheric pressure of 96 kPa and a temperature of 20°C, is: 400410 A 195 kg B 201 kg C 206 kg D 219 kg if anyone can answer this rubic cube of a...

Live in VA, work in MD. Where do I pay taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in VA, but work as a consultant in MD. In which state do I pay state taxes. I'm working on a 1099, so no taxes are being withheld. Thanks!:)

How old till my son decide which parent to live with in mass? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 years old son, he loves to be with his daddy, he is always telling me that He wants to live with me. Can somebody help? I just want to know how old he must be before he decides which parent to live with??

Age a child can live with other parent in Mass. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the legal age in Massachusetts a child can choose to live with the other parent?

Work and Center of Mass [ 1 Answers ]

A 0.5kg weight has a string of negligible mass attached to it. You grab the other end of the of the string and swing your arm, giving the weight a speed of 4m/s and lifting its center of mass by 1.2m. What is the work done by the tension in the string onto the weight?

View more questions Search