Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riehmma Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Valence Shell
    Which of the following elements has 5 electrons in the valence (outer) shell?
    A) C
    B) B
    C) S
    D) F
    E) P
    PolluxCastor Posts: 117, Reputation: 5

Jan 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Look at a Periodic Table, Nitrogen has 5 valence electrons (Oh, wait, that's not one of the choices)
    ane Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jan 23, 2008, 02:04 PM
    And my answer is that nitrogen (N) has 5 valence electrons... the elment that you wrote doesn't have 5 valence electrons...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Electron shell [ 1 Answers ]

What are electron subshells and how many electrons can fit in them? What does this have to do with bonding? Thanks, -Matazar

What shell I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I split from my partner 5 days ago we have bin together 8yrs! We have 2 children together I want him back so bad he says he don't love me anymore but I no deep down he does, we have been in this situation so many time and we have always got back together. I keep texting him and he blows me off is...

Valence/oxidation states of elements and radicals. [ 4 Answers ]

The key to understanding and being prooficient at chemical reactions is knowing your ox-states and valences. However I'm halfway there. There are something I need to work on. When trying to determine the ox-state of a compound that contains oxygen, for example PO4, how would you find the...

Shell Browser - Help [ 2 Answers ]

I know I had asked this question someone before and I cannot find the answer at the moment. So I decided to start a new thread just to deal with this issue. Sorry about that. I have now have this pop up and I do not know what to do. I think this is appearing because I just put on Spyware blaster...

Valence bond theory [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the valence bond theory and are there any other bonding theories to explain how a bond is formed Thanks for any help :)

View more questions Search