Grams to moles conversions
    Convert 8.50 grams Hg(NO3)2 to moles
    Marissa_2010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
    I don't know
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2008, 02:11 PM
    We will not do your homework for you, but will lead you through the process.

You need to determine the molecular weight from the formula first. Add up the total weight of the Hg, N, and O... making sure how many O's there are overall, and N's...

Do that and post what you get.

Once you do that you have the molecular weight in terms of grams/mole... the conversion to moles isn't tough... it involves cancelling out the grams... but again... determine the molecular weight first.
    drainedbrainz999 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marissa_2010
    convert 8.50 grams Hg(NO3)2 to moles
    WOW. That is so easy. U must b in GP. I don't like helping dumb/lazy asses, but u mite b an honors kid who just is stressed out like me, so I'll show u what to do.

OK, so to do grams to moles, this is the process:

you use dimensional analysis

x moles= 8.5 g Hg(NO3)2 x 1 mole
    molar mass Hg(NO3)2

u get molar mass by adding the average mass of all the elements in the compound, found on the periodic table

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Converting Grams to Moles [ 6 Answers ]

To convert from grams to moles, would you divide? Sorry that my first question is a little vague. Also, I am not sure how to convert from moles back to grams. Let me know if more information is needed in order to help me out.

Chemistry moles and grams [ 4 Answers ]

1. How many grams of CO2 would be formed from 30 grams of C4H10 in the following (UNBALANCED) reaction? C4H10 + O2 → CO2 + H2O 2. How many moles of Ca3(PO4)2 would be formed from 40 grams of Ca in the following (UNBALANCED) equation? Ca + H3PO4 → Ca3(PO4)2 + H2

Chemistry:Moles and conversions [ 1 Answers ]

how many moles are in 5.6 x 10^26 molecules of trisulfer pentachloride? how many moles are in 56 g of aluminum chromate? how many grams are in 6.9 miles of hydrogen gas? how many grams are in 2.4 x 10^21 atoms of neon? how many liters are in 5.6 moles of bromine?

Converting moles and grams [ 1 Answers ]

How do you convert moles and grams?

Moles from grams [ 2 Answers ]

Given this equation; 2H2 + O2 = 2H20 answer the following; a) If you start with 10.0g of H2, how many mol of H20 is produced? Why do I get the answe of 5 moles? I know the answer is 4.95moles. I can't figure it out.

View more questions Search