Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MulberryCheer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Cheerleading: Getting Air
    *~Hey Girls/Guys~*

I cheered on my high school JV squad last yr and this year I made varsity! One of our girls had to quit and I was put in her flying job (I had gone up before). My problem is I can pull all of my stunts on the floor 9hell strech, bow and arrow, scorpion, scale) but I can't seem to get it in the air (I fall over) at first I thought it was a balance thing in the air, but it could be something else. If you think it could be something else could you let me know what.. or could anyone give me tips on how to stick it in the air?

Go Panthers! Who are we... M-M-MHS!! :

*~SqUiRt~*
    mhscheergirl404 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 07:08 PM
    Well I Also Got Put In That Position This Year. My Problem Is Ive Never Flew In My Life Until Last Month. My Biggest Fear Is Heights Also So I Know Exactly What You're Going Through. Ive Noticed Some Things By Watching Other People Fly. My Problem Is I Drop My Hip Every time I Go Up For A Heel Stretch. You Have To Keep Both Hips Squared Towards The Crowd. Pull Up As Much As Possible. Find Exercises To Strengthen Your Ankles. Those Are The Things I Have Learned And Im Doing Ok For Me To Be Flying Only A Month. I Hope This Helps. Good Luck This Season!!
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Make sure that your looking up and not at the floor when you fly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheerleading help [ 2 Answers ]

mm...I want to try out for cheerleading...probably in 2 months, 3 months max, but I'm extremely unflexible....any tips? ( I really want this) :-/

Cheerleading [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm new and it's the 3rd day of practice. I can't seem to remember ll of the movements but I can remember all of the words. What should I do?:(

Cheerleading- answer please [ 4 Answers ]

;DHey,                i'm trying out for my school squad in middle school. I tried out last year and didn't make but my friends did. I'm really flexible, but I REALLY need HELP on my toe- touch and herky!Please I need to improve them!! Also can anyone tell me good facials other than smiles and...

View more questions Search