Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justfoundakitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 09:52 PM
    New kitten has greenish/yellow discharge?
    I just found this kitty today. Its about 3-4 inches long... and its left eye is shut and swollen. It scratched off what seemed to be some crust off its eye. There was a discharge. I don't know what to do with the cat, seeing as how I'm broke! What should I do? I don't really have money for the vet... but I WILL come up with money if its very serious. Please help!
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
    Before emotional attachment becomes an issue, let me explain a few things. I know in my mind that's too late you already love the cat. I am saying it like this. Most, that's more than half, kittens found with out a mom or other litter mates are very sick and mother separated it from the others to keep things better in the livingroom. I love hearing people say the kitten was just dropped off in a dumpster. Where do ferral cats hang out? They aren't at the beach tanning.

The eye discharge is conjunctavitus. Transferable to humans BTW.
    Kitten also has worms, and look at my post on how to feed kittens. Take him to the vet asap, and remember this has a higher than 65% mortality rate.
    Good Luck
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I heard birds and squirrells do this but cats? Does she come back to take care of it or does she let it die. ( I have found many kittens alone).. also have you heard or do you know if squirrels chamge the sex of their male babies if there is to many males... or is this just an old wives tail?

Jun 3, 2007, 12:07 AM
    I don't know that to be fact. All the squirrels I have seen are mean. I don't know all that much about North American wildlife as I would like to. I have lengthy studies in cats and dogs that has awarded me a Board Cert. Surgical Specialest. Basically means I sew like a woman.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 12:08 AM
    The cats do they come back to fed their kittens ar do they just abandon them to die?

Jun 3, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Usually curtains for the orphans

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yellow Discharge and I feel it when it comes out. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had sexual intercoarse with a 35 year old women I am 25 years old and also a female. The next day I thought about what had happen and got concerned for my health I noticed a little yellow in my discharge I got really concerned and asked her about it she said not to worry that it sounds like a...

Yellow discharge [ 10 Answers ]

Is this something I should be worried about? Is there something I can do about it? I also missed my period which hasn't happen for around two years. I'm 17 and am not sexually active. I really don't want to go see a doctor because the only one I can get an appointment with is a guy so I'm hoping...

Yellow Discharge + Itch [ 3 Answers ]

For the past couple of months I have had a yellow discharge coming from the vaginal region. It is also itching. Before this, the discharge was clear, which I was told was normal. Is my discharge now a Yeast Infection? There is no defining scent to it, so I am unsure.

Yellow discharge after miscarriage [ 18 Answers ]

I just had a miscarriage and now I getting yellow discharge why is that and is it normal

Yellow discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am a virgin, I have yellow discharge! Wats wrong with me?

View more questions Search