Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaruChan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
    I found a kitten and I think it's sick
    I found a cute cat 30 minutes ago and it seems sick. It doesn't want to move and just wants to sleep. He might be just tired because it's 10 p.m. but I want to make sure and I can't go to a vet right now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:00 PM
    A kitten or a cat?

Can you bring it indoors without threat to your own pets?

May 13, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    A kitten or a cat?

Can you bring it indoors without threat to your own pets?
    Uhm kitten, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, it's in my home right now. I only have another cat, kind of the same age so I don't think it's a threat
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruChan View Post
    Uhm kitten, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, it's in my home right now. I only have another cat, kinda the same age so I don't think it's a threat
    If the kitten is sick, yes, you are putting your cat in jeopardy.
    catlady23 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 12:18 PM
    What's so evident that you believe it is "sick?"
    Cat's normally want to sleep. Have you ever heard of the term "cat nap?"

May 13, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If the kitten is sick, yes, you are putting your cat in jeopardy.
    And how can I make sure it's sick? Or can't I? It might also be just tired, since it's not really old, maybe a month.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady23 View Post
    What's so evident that you believe it is "sick?"
    Cat's normally want to sleep. Have you ever heard of the term "cat nap?"
    Are you trying to be serious?
    She said the cat doesn't want to move... so moving it around and bringing it in the house... you think it should still want to just sleep through that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:21 PM
    And how can I make sure it's sick? Or can't I? It might also be just tired, since it's not really old, maybe a month.
    Where are you? Is there a vet or shelter open now?

Kittens aren't "tired." Are you prepared to feed it every three hours with special milk?

May 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Are you trying to be serious?
    She said the cat doesn't want to move...so moving it around and bringing it in the house...you think it should still want to just sleep through that?
    I am being serious. In their post, they did not utter once about "moving" it. But rather saying that it didn't want to be moved. It wanted to sleep.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by catlady23 View Post
    I am being serious. In their post, they did not utter once about "moving" it. But rather saying that it didn't want to be moved. It wanted to sleep.
    Perhaps it teleported into the house because she did say this:

Uhm kitten, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, it's in my home right now. I only have another cat, kinda the same age so I don't think it's a threat
    So I figure she found it like she said and then since it didn't just magically appear in her house, I reasoned that she had brought it inside.

May 13, 2013, 12:39 PM
    No, nothing's open, I would've taken it there if it was. I'm not in a really big town. It ate a little now and drank some water (when I took it inside it didn't want to eat) and it seems a little better now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 13, 2013, 12:40 PM
    No, nothing's open, I would've toook it there if it was. I'm not in a really big town. It ate a little now and drank some water (when I took it inside it didn't want to eat) and it seems a little better now.
    Make sure the kitten knows where the litter box is. I'd keep the cats apart until after the vet check.

May 13, 2013, 01:11 PM
    I believe I had submitted my post before or at the same time that they responded to Wondergirl...

But I rather do like the idea of teleporting.

May 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
    No, nothing's open, I would've taken it there if it was. I'm not in a really big town. It ate a little now and drank some water (when I took it inside it didn't want to eat) and it seems a little better now.
    Perhaps it was dehydrated. Good thinking, HaruChan!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick Kitten [ 4 Answers ]

I adopted a 8 week old kitten from a shelter. The shelter said that he was a rescue and had been eating solid food until he was wormed. I had the cat for 4 day then took him to the vet. He would not eat, low body temp. And was depressed. The vet said to force feed 3cc every 2 hours and use a...

Found Kitten, May be sick! [ 27 Answers ]

I am on the island of Kefalonia in Greece. As I was driving down the road, I discovered a baby kitten sitting right in the middle of a some what busy intersection. Not wanting it to get run over, I picked it up and put it in the car and drove it to my uncles house. I had fed it some cat food,...

Found a kitten I think it is sick [ 10 Answers ]

Yesterday (wed.) I was driving into my driveway when my kids from the back seat yelled a baby kitten. I went over to investigate (already having 2 cats at home) and found a very small aprox. 3to 4week old kitten he is very cute but his eyes are glued shut with mucus. He is sneezing, and coughing. I...

Kitten may be sick [ 10 Answers ]

Wednesday night we got a 7 week old kitten. On Thursday when I came home from school she was running around and playing and eating like a normal kitten. Then on Friday and Saturday she hardly ate or drank anything. She slept all day and night not doing much of anything. Only got up to go to the...

Sick kitten? [ 7 Answers ]

My kitten vomits everyday

View more questions Search