Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nique17 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 05:38 PM
    My Sister Stepped On My Cat?
    My sister stepped full force on the stomach of my young cat. She's not a kitten, probably teenager to cats. It'll be a couple of days till the vet can lookat her. But she can barely walk. When she does she looses her balance. She's been sleeping a lot and barely eating. I'm afraid she's going to die before we can get her in to see the vet. My mom thinks that when my sister stepped on her, she popped a hole in her diaphragm and her lower organs are going into her chest. How long do you think she has? It's Monday right now and the appointment is on Wednesday.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Can you take her to the emergency vet? If it is urgent, most vets will get you in right away.

Apr 1, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Can you take her to the emergency vet? If it is urgent, most vets will get you in right away.
    I don't think we have one. My mom called every vet, Wednesday is the soonest. I just want to know if she can survive until then. I've had her and her sister since they were kittens. My mom and I bottle fed them. I don't want her to die.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nique17 View Post
    I don't think we have one. My mom called every vet, Wednesday is the soonest. I just want to know if she can survive until then. I've had her and her sister since they were kittens. My mom and I bottle fed them. I don't want her to die.
    I'd walk into the vet with my cat and not wait. I don't know what is wrong with her, but I wouldn't take a chance.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
    We really have no way of telling you what's going on, or whether she'll survive.

I'm shocked that the vet wouldn't see her sooner. I don't know of one vet that would make someone wait days when a cat is injured. In fact, vets will accept walk ins for an injury, otherwise cats that are hit by cars or have other accidents, would never have a chance.

Just walk into to the vet, they cannot refuse to see you if your cat is injured this badly.

Apr 1, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    We really have no way of telling you what's going on, or whether or not she'll survive.

I'm shocked that the vet wouldn't see her sooner. I don't know of one vet that would make someone wait days when a cat is injured. In fact, vets will accept walk ins for an injury, otherwise cats that are hit by cars or have other accidents, would never have a chance.

Just walk into to the vet, they cannot refuse to see you if your cat is injured this badly.
    Our city is really stupid when it comes to animals. Even our hospital for people is horrible. Its pretty late at night right now. I'll ask my mom in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I stepped on my cat! [ 10 Answers ]

OK, I feel pretty stupid, but... My new cat (3 days now - he's a year old though) likes to sit on the top step of my stairs. I was walking downstairs and stepped on him (and fell down 12 steps -- I'm rugburned pretty good, but OK). He freaked and hid under a desk for hours. **Should I...

Sister cat [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has just had kittens, can she and her newborns mix with my other cat (her sister) xx

My sister's cat is sick - any ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

I am aiding my sister in trying to figure out what is wrong with her cat. Of course the vet is treating her, but he is puzzled as well. 4 days ago the 6 year old cat developed lethargy and vomiting. She went to the vet on Thursday and blood tests were run - a geriatric panel which consists of a...

One of my kittens accidentally got stepped on, [ 5 Answers ]

This afternoon, my mom and I had the ladder in the living room measuring curtain rods. My mom was on the top step and Tigra, our 12 week old kitten, was curious as to what she was doing and jumped up on the lstep below where my mom was standing and neither one of us saw her there. We were both...

View more questions Search