Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wayss576 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2013, 11:05 PM
    Lost indoor cat
    My very fragile indoor cat has gotten out. He was abused before I adopted him (a notch out of his right ear, cigarette burns on his back, a broken tail that healed into a hook shape at the end & damage to his hips that cause him to walk with a slight limp). He's small, underweight and very scared of people. He's been gone for 2.5 days. I have tried sprinkling used litter outside, placed his little box on the porch, put worn clothes out, and placed a couple of his favorite toys outside too. I have put out moist food thinking the scent would travel, but because its in the 20-30* range for temperatures, it had frozen. I've walked the neighborhood calling his name, daily. I checked the wooded area behind my house. I thought I spotted him tonight, but whoever it was ran away quickly.

Are there other things I can do? I don't want him to freeze to death or become someone's dinner.
    Smileyface13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Jun 16, 2013, 07:43 AM
    My cat ran away once. Have you tried shaking dry food or the toys so the cat can possibly hear it? That's how I got my cat back is by rattling dry food and his favorite toy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
    He ran away in January and the OP never came back to tell us if she found him.

Another good reason to keep cats inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indoor cat that hisses when we come in the door [ 1 Answers ]

My year old Cat has always been very nervous. She has chosen to stay in regardless of giving her the opportunity to go out. Recently she has been spending short amounts of time outside the front of the house but never goes far. Recently we have noticed other cats in the area. For the last few days...

My Male Indoor Cat is Missing [ 14 Answers ]

To say I am heartbroken would be putting it mildly.My husband and I have had my cat Rusty for 13 years.On 9/6/09 we were not at home ,when we returned we were informed that Rusty had escaped through a partially open doorr ran off the porch and disappeared He did return the next day to the same...

Outdoor or Indoor Cat? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is about 10 weeks old now and currently an outdoor cat. I brought her inside and she did great with her litter box. One problem I am facing currently is that I will have to transfer her to my home in California. I am currently visiting Indiana where she was born from a cat my...

View more questions Search