Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresahbrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 07:07 PM
    Are non-neutered male cats more apt to not use the litter box?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 09:37 PM

Yes. They are the most likely to spray around to 'mark' their territory.
    Sadly, once started, sometimes neutering will not fix it, as it becomes a behavioural issue.
    oneexception Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Feb 6, 2011, 01:57 AM
    Sariss is right, it just becomes "natural" for them. Best thing for you and the cats is to have them fixed. They live longer and generally have fewer health problems when fixed at an early age (as early as 6 weeks but best before 6 months). We had a similar situation, and once fixed, it immediately stopped. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Do Some Cats Not Know How to Use the Litter Box Properly? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, All! Some cats do know how to scrape at the litter to cover their feces. Others don't seem to know how. Some might say that it's because the mother cat didn't train them properly. Others might say that there simply isn't enough litter in the box for the cat to scrape and cover. Or,...

Adult male cat won't use litter box [ 4 Answers ]

I have an adult male cat who refuses to use the litter box. He is three years old and has always used the litter box only when he feels like it. However, lately he wont use it at all. He does know how to use it because I have seen him do it before. I have tried getting a second litter box and...

My cats don't know how to use the litter box correctly. [ 6 Answers ]

My cats ARE litterbox trained but they can't figure out how to cover "it" up. Instead of using the litter to cover stuff, they try scratching at the sides of the litter box. We thought that getting a covered box would help because they wouldn't be able to grab the side as easily. But it didn't help...

Cats Defacating outside litter box suddenly! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Rose. In July 2006 we adopted an 11month old male cat named Handsome. Handsome is a very playful cat and extremely sociable in the home - never once did he hide from strangers who visited us. In January 2007 we adopted a 5 year old male grey cat, Andy, as a companion for...

4 cats litter box problem [ 1 Answers ]

We have four adult cats. Cleaning out the litter boxes is a full time job. We clean them out three to four times a day. We have one in a bathroom and two out in the garage, but everyone prefers the one in the bathroom. Do you have any suggestions on how to get them to use the ones in the garage...

View more questions Search