Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mad_about_matar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2003, 04:30 AM
    My cat's kittens are dying
    Hello people... I need your help...
    My cat had disappered.. and she has 3 kittens... she last fed them 14 hours ago... I called the vet and he told me that I must feed them which I did... but I don't know how to take care of 2 weeks kittens who still didn't open their eyes... please hellp me... thank you all
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 7, 2003, 01:02 PM
    My cat's kittens are dying
    Perhaps this will be helpful:

Excerpt:
    Recipes for Emergency Kitten Fomula

The pet store is closed, and you have hungry kittens that need formula! Never fear!

In a pinch, the Cornell Book of Cats says that human baby formula can be used if made up to double the normal strength (human baby formula is normally not nutritious enough for kittens). As with the below formulas, please remember that any emergency formula should only be used until regular Feline Replacement Formula (such as KMR or Just Born) can be purchased at the pet store. None of these are nutritionally complete for the long term health of a kitten.

Formula #1
    8 ounces homogenized whole milk
    2 egg yolks
    1 teaspoon salad oil
    1 drop liquid pediatric vitamins (optional)

Mix well and warm before using. Keep refrigerated.

Formula #2
    1 part boiled water to 5 parts evaporated milk
    1/2 teaspoon bone meal per 16 oz fluid

Mix well, refrigerate, warm before using .

Formula #3
    1 can Evaporated Milk
    1 egg yolk
    2 tablespoons Karo syrup

All three mixed well and kept in tightly sealed jar in fridge.
    At feeding time mix 1/2 of the estimated feeding amount with:
    Equal amount of boiling water
    (once a day mix 1 drop of human infant liquid vitamins in each kitties formula)

If constipation occurrs: add 1 drop of vegetable oil to each kitties formula no more than once daily till problem is eased. Test temperature before feeding (the combination of boiling water and chilled formula should be just about right).

Kitten Rescue - Kitten Care Handbook -... KITTEN RESCUE Kitten Care Handbook Thousands of abandoned kittens are rescued and hand-raised by animal lovers every spring. We've...
    http://www.kittenrescue.org/handbook.htm

KittenCare.com - Cat Care Central! -... kitten, cat, feline, housecat, house cat, family cat, kitten care. Cat health, kitten tips, kitten health, cat care, littermaid, new...
    http://www.kittencare.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat's is bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it bleeding??

Sudden change in cat's behavior [ 2 Answers ]

Several months ago I adopted a cat from the humane society - shortly after I got her - she stopped eating, so I took her to the humane society vet clinic. It turned out her bone marrow stopped producing red blood cells and she was Jaundice - and had to be put to sleep. The humane society said I...

Cat's eyes and reaction to chemicals in the eye [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was cleaning my cat's ears with a special ear cleaner I bought at a pet supply store. She shook her head before I had a chance to massage the cleaner into her ears. The cleaning solution flew all over and she ended up getting it into her eyes. She started meowing and running all over...

My cat's don't like each other [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old cat. My husband and I bought a new kitten for both ourselves and we thought that my 2 year old cat would enjoy having him around to play with when we are not home. At first, Macie, the oldest, did not like the kitten! After a couple of days they began to explore each other...

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

View more questions Search