Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luckyno7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Dark Circles
    Hi There
    I Am 29 Years Old Lady Who Very Prominent Dark Circles Makes Me Depressed At Times. I Have A Underlying Problem Of Chronic Sinusitis For Which I Had Operation In July 2006 Which Did not Help Releiving Congestion.
    I Tried Nasal Douche With Irrigating Salt With Not Much Improvements.
    I Applied Cvitamin E Capsule To Dark Circles For About A Month With No Sign Of Fading Away. Any Advice Would Be Appreciated?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 4, 2006, 01:19 AM
    The skin under the eyes is the thinnest on the body. The many blood vessels in this area can show through the delicate skin, contributing to the appearance of dark under-eye circles, especially if the vessels become dilated. Other factors such as heredity, allergies and eczema, nutrition, and tiredness and lack of sleep cause the skin around the eyes to appear puffy and darkened.

Temporary measures for dark circles include applying cucumber slices or tea bags to your eyes for 15 minutes. You can also cover up the dark circles with a yellow-based concealer. For long term measures, try using an eye cream containing nourishing antioxidants that help protect the skin, such as green-tea and grapeseed extracts, and vitamins C and K. If you're concerned about having dark circles, please talk to your dermatologist about treatments.
    Heinvest Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2011, 03:28 PM
    There are a lot of things that can be causing dark circles. The first thing you have to do is to figure out what is causing them. Are you eating healthy? Are you exercising frequently? Are you getting enough sleep? Are you not overwoking your eye muscles? Find what is causing them and eliminate it. You could try using creams or some home remedies but those are only temporary fixes. DarkCircles101 has pretty much all the information you need to get rid of them but keep in mind that it will not be an easy task and you may have to do some drastic lifestyle changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark under eye circles [ 9 Answers ]

Im only 15 and I already have these anoying bags under my eyes that won't go away!! I think there genetic because both my brother and sister have them to. THere both darker than me, so you don't notice their bags hardly at all. I need some advice on how to make them go away. I get lots of sleep,...

Dark circles and puffinesses under the eyes [ 7 Answers ]

I am 16 and as I grow older I have realised that my under eyes are getting worse everyday. Now I can clearly see the purple veins under my eyes passing by. What I really need help at is: are there any creams you recommend me to use to get a clear certain solution for this problem:confused: please...

Born with dark circles [ 16 Answers ]

Any good advice to get rid of dark circles aorund eyes as I've born with it... I was thinking to try Amira Magic cream... any one know if it is safe for under eye area? Bcoz I don't like to put Concealers on it is so uncomfortable:( Come on share your ideas & experiences with me... I'm still...

Eye bags & dark circles [ 14 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. I have had bags under my eyes for as long as I can remember. They aren't puffy, not at all. They look like they giant craters. Just recently I have been getting dark circles under my eyes also. I can't stand walking around like this I feel like a zombie, does anyone know how to...

Dark under-eye circles [ 19 Answers ]

I have always had dark circles under my eyes. I am white, fair-skinned and blonde. Could this be the only reason? I also saw an ENT doc for a septoplasty 3 years ago and he told me the reason could be sinus related and said the surgery may help, but it hasn't at all. I am well nourished and get...

View more questions Search