Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kim Bury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Blood with Bowel Movements
    When you have blood present in your bowel movements, what does this mean?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2006, 11:16 AM
    If it's a bright red, then probably nothing serious - probably a hemmoroid. If it's dark red get to a doctor asap. Really.

Not to scare you, because even if dark red it might not be too serious... but dark red can also mean VERY serious.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Blood in your stool is always an indiction to visit your doctor. We just discussed this in class today. If it is dark and tarry then it is somewhere from the upper digestive system. If it is bright red it could be something as simple as a hemorrhoid, but could indicate something serious in the colon or lower digestive tract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird bowel movements [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been having weird stomach problems and I am not sure what to do. My stomach makes weird sounds that sound like farts, or sometimes a popping noise. I don't know what it is. When the bowel comes, it is all watery and muddy. It is not hard, it is more like a soup. Im a little worried...

Weird bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a question about bowel movements I've been having diarreah (well, it's not THAT bad... more like really soft) for the about three weeks now. I noticed that it smells sour and before I had to go my stomach would hurt (after I went it didn't hurt). I went about 2 times a day,...

Dark bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

I have have unusually dark colored bowel movements the last week. Is that a sign of pregnancy or something else? Almost like a dark chocolate color. (trying not to be graphic) But I wanted to know if this is normal or something worse.

Bottle fed kittens - no bowel movements [ 1 Answers ]

We are feeding KMR to two kittens that are about 3-4 weeks old. They both weigh about 10 ounces and eat about 1/2 - 1 ounce of liquid formula twice a day. They have been urinating after every meal but we have not seen any signs of a bowel movement. We have tried to stimulate the rectum area to...

Nursing cat with no bowel movements [ 6 Answers ]

Edit: <Problem solved> My wife and I recently adopted a cat about a week ago, we discovered her in the back of the building that she was working in and discovered that she was very pregnant, so we decided to take her in.  She gave birth a few hours later. Now, I swear I haven't seen this cat...

View more questions Search